“Not what it was”

Kelly's Caribbean Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located at 301 Whitehead St., on the corner of Whitehead and Caroline, stands one of Key West's most impressive and historic buildings - Kelly's Caribbean. Well known for being the birthplace of Pan American World Airways, Pan-Am's first tickets were sold out of this very building in 1927. Pan Am was the principal and largest international air carriers in the United States from 1927 until its collapse on December 4, 1991. Founded in 1927 as a scheduled air mail and passenger service operating between Key West, Florida and Havana, Cuba, the airline became a major company credited with many innovations that shaped the international airline industry, including the widespread use of jet aircraft, jumbo jets and computerized reservation systems. Our Namesake - Kelly McGillis Kelly's was opened in 1992 by Fred Tillman and Actress, Kelly McGillis. We are proud to carry Kelly McGillis' name! Noted for her various movie roles - Top Gun, Witness, The Accused - Kelly now resides in North Carolina but she does keep a watchful eye on the Kelly's Caribbean. Should you stop on by Kelly's Caribbean...we do have her Top Gun Jacket in the "Crash Bar" area.
Reviewed January 3, 2013

A bit run down, not very clean. Tropical outdoor patio with slow, slow poor service. Last visit was about 7 years ago and they haven't cleaned since. I'd take a picture and walk by next time, birthplace of Pan Am service Key West to Havana

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

There are much better places to get dinner in Key West than here. The drinks were fine and it seems like a good happy hour spot. Blue heaven has much better food for similar prices and nice ambience.
Our server was great, but this was our first and only trip there for dinner, so I can't compare him to anyone else there. I had the hog fish which was apparently cooked w/no seasoning! There was an overly sweet butter on part of the fish which didn't do it any favors. My husband had pork chops which were about the same as you'd get at a dinner.
Nice building but bad food.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The center cut filet was possibly the best steak I've ever eaten, the bread was delicious with its special seasoning and the key lime pie was to die for. Perfect key west atmosphere! My husband wants to go back and eat there every day of our trip. Definitely our best meal down here without a doubt!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

If you want good food or good drinks or both; this is the place. Sometimes we go here several times each trip.
We took my husband's parents there a few days ago and everyone loved it. The food is great whether you get their succulent steak or a wonderful seafood dish. I also love the Lobster Ravioli. And our waitress Melissa is Awesome. . .

They do a special happy hour at the bar with half price appetizers, drink specials, and a wonderful large margarita for only $3.50

So this is a must when you travel to Key West

One thing that not everyone one knows about this place is that it is very historic. It was once the Pan Am ticket office.. . So there is some old nostalgia there

Reviewed December 24, 2012

We found this restaurant just around the corner from where we were staying. We had a great evening meal here-tasty and well presented. I was surprised to see a reviewer felt it had gone downhill as my husband and I had no complaints at all. It was not cheap (though not many places in Key West are from our experience!). Loved the lighting in the trees and enjoyed the atmosphere. We would definately visit again if we come back to Key West (and we certainly hope to!)