“My absolute favorite”

Louie's Backyard
Ranked #57 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I come from a family of chef's with discriminating palates. We have eaten in highly acclaimed fine dining restaurants all over the country and we loved this restaurant. . Excellent service, attention to detail. Amazing dining over looking the ocean and the menu was wonderful. Not one flaw could be found in the preparation of our delicious dinner. Would highly recommend. I can't wait to return to Key West and eat at Louie's Backyard. Bravo!

1  Thank njexit11
Write a ReviewReviews (3,274)

Reviewed July 29, 2009

Louie's Backyard is an exceptional choice at Key West. It is a bit expensive but the food and the service were worth it. Terrific bar for drinks at sunset - within walking distance of the Casa Marina.

1  Thank rcurtis635
Reviewed July 28, 2009

My family and I spent 14 nights in Key West and this restaurant was by far the best.
We had only 2 nights left on our trip when we found it. The restaurant was so good we came back the next night to sample more of the delights on the menu.
We have 3 small children and unlike many other Key West restaurants we were not made to feel like lepers because they were with us.

1  Thank The_Flying_Fisherman
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We've been going to Louie's about once a year since the early 1990's and have never been disappointed! I have recommended it countless times to friends visiting the Keys for the first time and they have been pleased as well. I'm troubled by some recently reviews that said the service was poor and the food not up to expectations. Hopefully these statements will be taken seriously by management and changes made, if necessary. Louie's is a great place, whether it's for a drink on the deck or a celebratioin dinner. I'll be back there this September and expect it to once again be a highlight of my visit to Key West.

1  Thank K8Orlando
Reviewed July 23, 2009

Our arrival was met with a complete look of disdain from who believe was Louis himself. We could handle that as we were a bit grubby but the service got worse from there.An unbearably long wait for everything from a simple glass of iced tea to the check (the waitress set the tables for dinner totally ignoring us)I heard two people complain about service on the way out so we felt we weren't being fussy.Food was fine but not worth it honestly.

5  Thank mgray733