“So good I wish I could eat there every day”
Review of Blue Heaven

Blue Heaven
Ranked #24 of 451 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went there for dinner and for breakfast. Both meals were delicious! The ambiance is great - very casual and islandy. If you have to wait (and you probably will) have drink at the bar and enjoy the atmosphere. I'm going to dream about that lobster eggs benedict.

Write a ReviewReviews (11,618)

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We loved our experience here. The 30 minute wait for lunch was worth it. Be sure to get the lobster roll and key lime pie! Delicious! Nice entertainment. Roosters and chickens everywhere.

Lots to look at. Fun and not too pricey!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Blue Heaven is an eclectic open-air bistro where you share an out door courtyard with dogs, cats, and the omnipresent Key West roosters. The food is better than average, and the unique atmosphere adds plenty of ambiance.

1  Thank Dupers
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Really, this is great Key Lime Pie! Great mile high meringue. Excellent pie too! We are at the bar, just to get the pie, it was worth it. Yeah we had a drink too, The Dark and Stormy was great, Ginger Beer.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had heard all about Blue Heaven talking to the locals. No one said a bad word about it. We got there about 10am, for breakfast. We had to wait for 45 min for a table, but I had a glass of OJ and listened to the band. The eating is casual and the floor is dirt and outside. The waitstaff was pleasant and helpful. There were chickens running around as is the custom in Key West and there are also cats hanging out in the waiting area.

The food is why you come. My husband and I shared the BLT Benedict and the shrimp omelette, both were specials. The BLT is for bacon, lobster and tomatoes. I thought that was incredible, but the shrimp was really good too. I might try to make a shrimp omelet at home because it was delicious.

Our friends both had the eggs, breakfast meat and pancakes. They really liked theirs too. I think it is hard to get pancakes cooked so they come out fluffy and good. But they said everything was really good.

Overall, it lived up to it's reputation. Next time, I will be back, because I loved it!