“Island dining”

Blue Heaven
Ranked #22 of 449 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Blue Heaven is serves up a great breakfast in an interesting island atmosphere. It's an experience worth your time. Some people feel the wait is too long, but like they say timing is everything and when you are on vacation in Key West why would you be in a rush anyhow? It's worth the wait....

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Don't get me wrong, Blue Heaven serve's a good breakfast. They have good food, good service and a unique atmosphere you will only find in Key West but like a lot of the other "Diamond in the rough" restaurants that TA likes they are a victim of their own success with 1 hour waits seemingly the norm. If you are in Key West try it out but expect to wait for awhile.

2  Thank walbern
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I went to Blue Heaven on Sat, Jan 26 for breakfast. The wait was about 1 hr., but we didn't even notice. We waited in the courtyard, taking advantage of the offerings. Great trio band that played island type music. There was "coconut bowling" set up to the side to raise money for a local charity. The bar in middle served great Bloody Mary's and Mimosa's. Several chairs to sit and visit, making friends with other folks visiting the area. The food was the usual breakfast fare, delivered in a quick and pleasant manner. We ate inside, which was a little disappointing. However, the indoor area was just as entertaining as the outdoor.

Overall, a fun place to have a meal in the island environment. Not to be missed.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My sister and I go there every year for her birthday. This year we had yellow tail snapper which was cooked perfectly. I love the corn bread. We wait all year for the chocolate torte for dessert. This year we went for breakfast before we caught our plane home. I can't believe how delicious it was! I had eggs, bacon and the best breakfast potatoes ever. It also came with banana bread which I am still thinking about because it was so delicious. They sell the bread in the gift shop and I am still kicking myself for not buying a loaf to bring home.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Blue Heaven provides the quintessential "island" dining experience while in Key West. Outdoor dining, with appropriate (and good) music, a bar scene and kitschy (but fun) signs and such. On top of all that...the food was excellent. Made for a good evening out with friends.