“Lobster and eggs with the chickens”
Review of Blue Heaven

Blue Heaven
Ranked #26 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Blue Heaven is my friend Smokey's favorite place to eat breakfast in the world. I finally made it to Blue Heaven this time around. A friendly, fast wait staff, lovely setting under the trees, delicious eggs benedict, and of course the chickens made me agree completely with Smokey. On one of my last October trips to Key West, Blue Heaven was closed for the hurricane season. So, if you're traveling in October, call ahead to find out if they're open. The experience is worth its reputation. All six of us loved the place and the food. Almost every table was full and everyone was smiling and enjoying. If you're in Key West, you shouldn't miss out on Blue Heaven.

1  Thank Cindy W
Write a ReviewReviews (12,217)

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Dinner was fantastic on the patio this week. I enjoyed the grouper, mussels and shrimp served over creamy grits. The blackbean soup was also very good. My friends enjoyed some delicious Florida lobster too.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Went there at 1:30 on Sunday, unaware they closed at 2 and didn't serve lunch, so had brunch, it was ok, nothing to write home about.

1  Thank Marjorie B
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We LOVE this place! Last time we were in Key West we ate breakfast here three times and dinner once. Looking forward to our next visit this Christmas (2012).

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This truely is Heaven for foodies, the service is excellent and I think the prices are fair for the food offered. They were even willing to let our 6 foot tall 8th grader order from the kids menu because all the food was just to "fancy" for him. Granted he ate 3 kids meals, we spent around $20 dollars for him to eat - but they did not make him feel unwanted and he enjoyed his meal with us. They were great and we will be back!