“Very good”
Review of Cafe Marquesa

Cafe Marquesa
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Marquesa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #91 of 454 Restaurants in Key West
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Ideal for new arrivals to the Marquesa hotel, and you can charge to the room. Very busy and quite intimate seating - difficult to have a conversation in private , some might say slightly cramped, although a steady conversational volume gave a decent buzz to the place. our server in particular was excellent , taking great care to help us with a good wine pairing. Food very good but not quite excellent - the jus on my plate had slightly congealed as if under a warmer.My wife was very happy with her selections so I would overall give this a high rating. Reservations required.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My wife and I dined at Cafe Marquesa during a week we spent in Key West in February of 2014. I had a duck appetizer which was absolutely delicious. I was not as impressed with my coconut encrusted Mahi Mahi entree. At any rate the restaurant is beautiful and impeccable. The wine list is extensive. The presentation of the food was very nice and the food itself was very good, but not great. Bottom line, Cafe Marquesa is worth a shot if you want a romantic elegant dinner in a beautiful setting.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Cafe Marquesa is only one and a half blocks from Duval Street, but it feels like it is a million miles away! It is a quiet, calm setting with soft lights, white walls, dark wood, and floor to ceiling windows all around. We had a wonderful waiter, Louis, who was very professional and very warm, friendly and helpful. I had mentioned that it was our Anniversary when I made the reservation, and our table was decorated with that in mind--little golden confetti saying Happy Anniversary with hearts and stars all over the table. Two champagne glasses with the same confetti and ribbons were also on the table.
I had a red snapper in fennel broth with pear and cheese pockets (a chef speciality), and fresh vegetables. My husband had sliced duck in blueberry barbecue sauce with wild rice and apple chicken sausage. Everything was delicious and beautifully prepared. Our dessert was a wonderful key lime napoleon decorated with a sparkler carrying on the Anniversary theme. We generally don't like making a fuss in public, but this was so nicely done that I don't regret mentioning it at all. The Cafe made this occasion very special.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

We were heading out for our anniversary dinner, and the hubby thought we should try something different…and close to home. We live about 2 blocks away! Fortunately he had made reservations because it is small. And loud. That is my only complaint, that it is loud and made for a romantic meal that was heard to hear. However, the food was exquisite, service was fabulous, and they even sprinkled little ribbons on the table for our anniversary. Fresh, imaginative, not too much food…
A special treat indeed, just don't plan to have intimate conversations because you'll have to yell.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

The food quality was excellent and the menu imaginative but the service lacked any warmth or engagement with us.
The decor is confused and the hard floor surfaces make the room very noisy. The menu is upscale but the environment is bistro.
Our table was near the entrance to the kitchen and we had service staff rushing past both in front and behind.
Prices are high and whilst the food was excellent the overall meal experience was not what we expected.