“Perfect Day in Key West”

Fun In The Sun Key West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Boat rentals and street legal golf cart rentals. Boats are available with or without a captain. Golf carts are allowed anywhere on the island of Key West and most of Stock Island. On captained boat trips choose to snorkel, fish, lobster, spearfish, relax at a sandbar, or anything else you can think of, with all gear included. For rentals choose from a fleet of different styled boats and any of the additional gear is available for rent. All of our customers gain access to both of our luxurious marina locations. Key West Harbour Marina has a private beach, pool, restaurant, and showers. Oceans Edge Hotel has 6 pools and a restaurant.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed September 2, 2013

After being stranded in Key West by my buddies for the day (terrible I know!), I bumped into Cpt Williams who set me up for what was an amazing 24hours. With just a few text messages I found myself hitting the water with just myself, him and his dad for a very reasonable price! We spearfished and lobster hunted for the next several hours. During this both Cpt Williams and his dad instructed me, fished alongside of me, shared meals and few good stories with me. Professional and friendly doesn't accurately describe these two - made you feel like family or at least really good friends. We caught lots of hogs, lobster and grouper- I celebrated with a few drinks. This was only the beginning....

Knowing that I was down here by myself, they offered to take me to a friends party...which we went to on the boat! Had a blast and was very accommodated. After all that, we packed up had went back to the harbor. It had gotten pretty late so they so rather than cleaning the boat and all that not so fun maintenance stuff they just drove me back to my hotel and said they'd get me the fish and lobster in the morning. Which was good, cause in all my excitement I forgot to pay them. The next morning Cpt Williams again picked me up at the hotel and drove me to the airport so I could make my flight!! You can't buy service like that! Ohhh, and I finally paid him haha.

All said, the lengths that they go through for their customers was astounding. I can't say they'd be a taxi service, party chauffeur like they were with me but they will take care of you :) I would come back to Key West just because of them.

Shon-Williams, Owner at Fun In The Sun Key West, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for your review! Your feedback is much appreciated. It was a pleasure to spend the day with you and can't wait to do it again!

All reviews
in 48 reviews
"fishing"
in 71 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Capt Shon really knows the waters and is a really nice guy we had a great time on fun in the sun charters caught lobsters went to the local sand bars.If your ever in Key West definitely need to do this!!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Easy to book. Extremely flexible on time, where we wanted to go, what we wanted to do. Highly recommend these guys for an amazing day trip on the water.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Captain Shon was the best guide we have ever had. He made sure our children were able to do exactly what we wanted on our two day trip. He took us snorkeling to the reef and taught the boys to spear fish. He prepared the fish for us on the boat while we swam on the sand bar. The next day he took us lobster diving. We all caught our limits and he prepared fresh lobster on the boat while we played on the sand bar.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I chartered the boat for a day of fun! It was clean, spacious and had a great sound system. We went to a sandbar where we were able to lounge around on our own "private island". Captain Shon was very knowledgeable about the backcountry and the mangrove eco system, we are learned a lot! He knew exactly when to leave us to ourselves so we could enjoy each others company. After our time on the sandbar we caught a beautiful Key West sunset on the ride back in. We would recommend this trip to anyone seeking the true "locals only" experience in the backcountry.