“Beautiful Work”

Alan S. Maltz Gallery
Ranked #46 of 180 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Alan S. Maltz, designated the Official Wildlife and Fine Art Photographer for the State of Florida, presents his fine art photography, limited edition prints on aluminum and canvas, and award winning books at his Key West gallery, daily. Step out of the bustle of busy Duval Street and into an uplifting sanctuary of color and light, established in 1999.
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We just received our piece ordered from the Alan S. Maltz Gallery and the image is as stunning as we remembered it from several years ago in Key West.

As a retired professional photographer, my husband had an appreciation for Mr. Maltz's images, but was also interested in the shooting and production techniques. Mr. Maltz happened to be in the gallery the day we stopped in while on a leisurely stroll up Duval Street. We spent several enjoyable hours in the studio that day, talking with Alan. He is very personable and has a genuine interest in and appreciation of his photographic subjects. It is no wonder that he has earned the designation of Official Wildlife Photographer of Florida and Visit Florida's Official Fine Art Photographer of Florida.

When we contacted the gallery last month to discuss ordering a framed copy of "Guiding Light", Alan and his staff were all accommodating via email and phone to determine the best framing option to fit with our home decor. Our piece arrived when expected and was well packaged. This was the image that I was first drawn to when we last visited the gallery and it evokes many memories of the Keys for us personally.

We could not be more pleased with the image and the entire purchase experience. The only improvement would have been if we had the opportunity to carry out the selection and transaction personally in Key West! On our next trip to the Keys we will definitely include a visit to the Alan Maltz Gallery.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

inspiration:
to do creative work.
stimulation for the human mind to create thought or to making of art.
an interesting word. it has been said Hemingway and Buffett found their inspiration in Key West.

my wife and I visited Key West and thanks to a "what to do" in Key West presentation we attended @ our hotel, we were introduced to the "Alan Maltz Gallery located on Duval Street.
here we discovered a treasure trove of absolutely "inspiring" works. while I cannot say Alan has been inspired by the Key West life style; I can and will say we were/are thrilled with what we found @ his Gallery.

headed by Gail; the Gallery staff gave us an unhurried tour and a very thorough showing of Alan's works. led by the "Guiding Light" piece we coupled this selection with the "Calling", Walk on the Wild Side" and last but not least "Kindred Spirits" we have added these works to our Myrtle Beach home. NEVER and I repeat the word NEVER,have we received as many compliments on any of our works than we have on these pieces.

I'll never be sure if Alan drew his "inspiration" from the "Key West" life style as Hemingway and Buffet alleged did; but I can and will say he has added a "must see" stop to any Key West trip!

Myrna & Duane R.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I recently visited Key West for the first time, and whenever we travel, we enjoy browsing the local art galleries. We were fortunate enough to visit the Alan S. Maltz gallery on Duval St. and purchased two canvas pieces (Moonrise and Mangrove Silhouette) - Both lovely images now brighten our living room, making all the difference in the decor. Purchase, delivery and service after the sale were impeccable. So, next time you are in Key West, whether an art collector or just a lover of fine nature photography, make sure to visit the Alan S. Maltz gallery.

1  Thank Sherri L
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Wow!!! Alan's "Guiding Light" framed photographic print on aluminum has arrived and we just mounted it on our wall above the buffet cabinet. No words can describe the beauty and the feelings my husband and I have for the "Guiding Light" picture that we bought for our 36th Anniversary. It will always remind us of special moments shared at Key West celebrating 36 years of marriage, the beauty of Southwest Florida where we live, and the pleasure my husband and I had meeting Alan and his staff member Gail at the gallery on Duval Street. They were both so personable and accommodating in helping us pick out the right frame that will compliment the 'Guiding Light" picture. What a talent he has for landscape and wildlife photography. It is understandable why the State of Florida has selected him as the Official Fine Art Photographer for the State of Florida, and the Official Wildlife Photographer of Florida.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Alan's work is wonderful, natural, not staged. He does a number of subjects beside wildlife. Scenes from Marco Island, Naples and the Everglades and beyond. Going to his gallery is a real treat. You will get a chance to see all the different media he uses for his photos. If you are lucky enough to find Alan there you will be delighted to meet him. He is very personable, and makes you feel like you knew him all your life. He has a great staff as well, who will make you feel at home and encourage you to look. We recently ordered two large photos of his work for our new condo. They are beautiful. DG Marco Island