“Fantastic new Spa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Wellness Spa & Salon

Ocean Wellness Spa & Salon
Ranked #2 of 39 Spas & Wellness in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Wellness Spa is a charming, upscale day spa, salon and acupuncture practice in the heart of Old Town Key West. An elegant oasis, with a welcoming staff, decorated in a comfortable Caribbean casual esthetic. We use only the finest products, formulated mostly of organic or natural ingredients in our luxurious treatments. Connect with the rejuvenating, pampering and healing energy of the ocean at Ocean Wellness Spa. Our team of therapists are among the island's finest therapists, technicians and artists around. We continue to exceed our guest expectations, delivering some of the finest services in Key West and the world. Ocean Wellness Spa is a full service day spa that includes a beautiful full-service salon, nail spa, acupuncture, massage therapy, body treatments, facials nutrition and skincare. Reserve your Ocean experience today and find out what all the buzz is about!
Kutztown
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic new Spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

Wow, so nice to see a new full service spa opening in old town. This place is clean, great treatments and a super staff. Give it a try! All was very professional and on time.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Butchered my hair”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

Michael the owner did the right thing today. I went in to get a trim prior to an important business meeting. The woman who was scheduled for my cut literally butchered my hair. I told her 2-3 inches. She took off 5-6 and did not listen to a SINGLE thing I told her about my hair. Apparently my haircut was more about her than it was about me. I said to her at the end , "wow! You just went ahead and chopped my hair!" She picked it up off the ground and told me it wasn't useful to me. Well, it was lady, because you just changed everything about how I relate to it and now I have to wear it in a ponytail for the next six d**m months while it grows out. She contradicted everything I said about how I relate to my hair. And you didn't even give it an ounce of style, so I can transition from long hair to short hair. I can't do anything with it. Its like a cut your mom gives you at home when you are 5. She did not even bother to ask me, "how do you style your hair. Or is it ok if I take this much off?" She wasn't any of the people advertised on their yelp page. It was like a visit and switch.

Needless to say I was at first beside myself. Then angry. Now I am sad. I have not has such a bad cut in well over a decade. I have a major presentation in just two days time, and I have to go out and buy a wig to get through the next few months.

I went to Michael and told him what happened. At first he could not believe it it and challenged me on the difference in length. My career is spent measuring inches, as I am in the apparel business. I have to be within a 1/8", as do my factories, of a measurement. He realized this was not a debate to win. I was getting furious and still had a couples massage for 90 minutes scheduled. He came to me and offered to take the cut off the bill. I agreed. Mind you I would pay 10x the $55 to get my hair back!!! But what can I do now? Absolutely nothing. Also, all of the other employees heard me talk about it and could see how upset I was. They just looked at me and smiled with that look like god that sucks.

She did a good job on my fiancée's hair. Perhaps she should just focus on men. One look at her hair, and I should have jumped out of the chair. I come from people, who give the benefit of the doubt and act right. I've been a pretty good sport about it, but I am going to have to spend hundreds, maybe thousands to fix the atrocity she did to my hair.

The massage therapists did a great job and certainly helped to work out the now additional stress I was feeling on top of everything else. Both did an excellent job and they were compensated for that. I could write another post to give them props.

All in all I wish I had never found this spa. I would have my hair back, and I can live with the pain in my back. The next six months I have to live with my hair was worth more than the $400+ we paid for the afternoon here and the mental anguish I have to endure now.

I feel bad to say that because Michael has a beautiful spa, and he is trying to do something in Key West. The area needs something like his spa. Sorry Michael. He can figure out what he needs to do after a review like this.

6 Thank cparker1771
Micahel R, Owner at Ocean Wellness Spa & Salon, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
We are so disappointed that you were not happy with your hair services. I appreciate your feedback. Debbie K no longer has any affiliation with the spa. It became clear she had her own agendas that were not in line with the customer service we strive for at Ocean Wellness Spa. We have two wonderful and attentive hair stylists turning out top notch work.
Seattle, Washington
“First Class All The Way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I arrived in Key West with all those "traveler aches and pains". Marc massaged all the pain away, and I repeated the massage a total of six times while visiting. Honestly, he saved my vacation. The spa is located in a rustic looking conch building that belies the first-class renovation that has transformed the inside of the building. No skimping here. Everything is plush, clean, lovingly decorated. A lot of attention to detail combined with a first-rate staff make this a very special experience.

Peabody, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My husband and I treated ourselves to a relaxing couples massage today. We were thrilled with the experience from head to toe! The spa is beautiful and the owner and staff could not have been more gracious. Marc and Sarah gave us the best massages we have had anywhere ! We can't wait to return on our next trip to KW.

Huntington Beach, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Place! Great Haircut!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

This is a wonderful Spa in Key West. The ambience is pure Paradise! Loved the haircuts by Eric - THE BEST!

Visited November 2013