“Key West Fishing”

Fishy Business Charters
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Welcome! I am Capt Eric Evans and I am the owner operator of a 31' Yellowfin the fishy business. I guide my clients to catch many different species including sailfish, grouper, yellow tail snapper, mahi-mahi (dolphin fish), sharks, tarpon, barracuda, tuna, and wahoo to name a few species. If you have any questions please feel free to email or call! Look forward to fishing with you, Capt Eric 305 731 5459
Key West, Florida
“Key West Fishing”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I visited Key West last year and went offshore on huge boats and sometimes caught fish and sometimes didn't. It seems like the huge boats which are extremely expensive are quite a gamble for $750 + tipping the mate. This year i wanted to try to catch as much of a variety of species as I could. I met Eric in the Key West Bait and Tackle shop after trying to shop for tackle and figure out how to catch fish while visiting Key West. I could tell this kid knew what he was talking about. After discovering he ran his own charter boat. Eric catered to my exact desire to catch a plethora of fish. Everyday I had in mind a fish i wanted to try to catch that day, and Eric always put me on the fish. We caught Yellowtail Snapper, Mutton Snapper, Lane Snapper, Gray Snapper, Red Grouper, Yellow Jacks, Jack Cravelle, Blue Runners, Atlantic Sharpnose Shark, Nurse Shark, Blacktip Shark, Bull Shark, Lemon Shark, Blackfin Tuna, Bonita and Barracuda. His boat allows you to fish more cutting travel time in a third with a boat doing 55 knots. I was amazed at how successful of a fishing trip I had down in Key West and if you are looking to catch fish during your stay in Key West, Eric from Fishy Business is your man.

Visited December 2012

Montreal
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Captain Eric @ Fishy Business really cares about your experience”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I wanted to charter a 1/2 day on the water, but where to start? Charter boat row seemed endless (how do you choose?) and the tourist kiosks around town all seemed impersonal. I met Eric at Key West Bait & Tackle (he's usually there when not running a charter) and shot the breeze for awhile (I liked getting to know him before heading out). I'm super-sensitive to sea sickness, but we scheduled a fishing trip in 2 days time.
His boat is great and he's very professional. He had us on fish offshore very quickly. I was catching yellow tail snapper, jacks, mutton snapper, and mackeral - lotsa action, but after an hour, sure enough, I was getting more and more queasy. I wanted to return, but he really wanted me to have a positive experience. He moved us into the lee of Key West where the chop was almost non-existent. Once again, he had us on fish, catching plenty, including barracuda and a 4' black-tip shark (THAT was exciting). My queasiness ebbed and it turned out to be a highlight of our trip!
Back at the dock, he took some ribbing as he took his client (me) to the lee of Key West, but he just brushed it off, smiling. I realized then that the charter community's bragging rights tend to come from offshore. Captain Eric put that aside to ease my discomfort and still catch fish.
He has my respect for fishing techniques (he can target species) but especially for putting his clients needs above all else.
Stop by the shop & meet him for yourself.
Good job Eric!