“Best Sunday Ever!”

Cheap Fishing Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Key West fishing trips at great prices. 4hr trip only $425.00. We are an owner operated business which means you will get the best personalized service available. Even though this is a very important part of a great adventure on the water the best part is WE ALWAYS CATCH FISH! Please check the website for all the details and feel free to give me a call anytime with questions. Thank you.
Key West, Florida
“Best Sunday Ever!”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Captain Pat and his boat was incredible! His boat is comfortable and his knowledge of the area made our experience even better! We definitely are coming back!

Visited April 2014

Chicago, Illinois
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Beware of these pirates!!! you have been warned!!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This company we encountered by coincidence because the cool submarine experience was cancelled. We were offered for 295 two choices, to see sunset, dolphins, fishing,or snorkeling etc etc... we were happy to just go snorkeling. We weren't demanding to see dolphins or anything else that was optional on that sheet simply because seeing animals in the wild, simply is NOT something anyone can control. We were glad to just snorkel in the reefs and see those beautiful fish and the beautiful reefs. The RIP OFF was when the captain whom seemed to reek of alcohol, decided to take us near a Naval base and assured us that in that area there were dolphins and reefs. I've got him on camera telling us that the naval base area were the reefs and the dolphins. After being suckered into believing that there were fish down there and that we would "SHOULD SEE THEM" in all the while we struggled trying to see something and nothing!!! we got to see the sunset for $295 though! well we could have totally rented a boat of our own and not had to smell the alcohol on DANNY AKA DAN! He seemed to be so nice to us though why a cynical dude! we didn't pay 295 for him to be nice to us we payed 295 to snorkel in the reefs!!!! Please if there is anyone who ever goes here please don't do any other experience other than fishing cause you will get ripped off!!! & i say fishing without knowing if they actually know how to take their tourists on that!!! one word for this company is PIRATES waiting to prey on tourists and people who don't know the keys. Sad that the keys has people like this! they should be ashamed.

After the trip the next day i called captain PAT who was excusing his fellow captain named Dan (DANNY). kept referring to what his captain told him. According to the captain we were "having a good time". Well of course we were! Cause the keys were something new and we didn't know any better that the reefs were not just 1 mile away from the bay, at the naval base area!!! they offered 2 experiences and we were given 1 and that was the sunset. We were suckers total suckers!

Cant believe these people would rob us right before our eyes!

Avoid this company and these captains at all cost!!!

Visited January 2014
15 Thank Dany F
patrick g, Owner at Cheap Fishing Key West, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
I would like to begin by telling everyone that we have been in business in Key West for over 20 years and have thousands of satisfied customers from all over the world. It is a shame that someone would be allowed to write such comments like we were the most terrible people on the planet. This group apparently had such high expectations that they were not going to be satisfied before they even stepped foot on the boat.

Let's begin by saying Capt Dan does not even drink alcohol. Next this group was told they would have a choice of up to 2 items for there 2 hr excursion which is standard for that trip. They wanted to see the dolphins, snorkel and see the sunset. So obviously that was more than the allotted amount but we always try to make everyone happy, not according to this group however, so we agreed to let them do all three. The trip was also only two hours however they were having such a good time snorkeling Capt Dan decided to let them stay out longer, so he could get all of the requested events completed , for a total of three hours. Our three hour trip sells for the price of 395.00 in which they only paid 295.00 so this group already received a 100.00 discount.

So not only did they receive an extra event they also received 100.00 off of regular price. Now let's discuss this problem with the customer saying we just stayed near the navy base. I personally have spent my entire life hear in Key West and am an avid spear fisherman so I spent thousands of hours scouring the ocean bottom. Some of the best reefs and wrecks are no more than a few hundred yards from the shore, and yes right near the navy base. So the places wher Capt Dan took the customers are loaded with fish. We cannot control what the person looks at or what the wild creatures of the ocean do to avoid the unfamiliar humans in the water splashing and making noise.

This group that claimed to have such a terrible time also gave Capt Dan a 60.00 tip. It is perfectly normal for anyone who had been ripped off so bad to give a tip of 60.00. When I received the call two days later that they were not happy with the trip I asked why. She stated that they had a great time but we're not able to witness the same sea life they saw on the discovery channel. I explained to her that the animals are wild and we do not control them by any means and we do our best to find what everyone is looking for in the timeframe that we have. She stated she does not like to complain but felt I should know this. I told her I understand and am sorry they did not enjoy that portion of there trip. I offered to take them on another trip for free but they declined saying they had already left.

To recapp we gave the individual's extra events, extra time on the water at no charge and offered to take them out again for free. If this is a pirate then everywhere I go I hope there are pirates. If there were more pirates like us in the world it would be a much happier place.
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great choice for kids and adults”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went out twice with Capt. Pat while in Key West. The first trip was the fun fishing trip with me, my wife and our three-year-old son. Boat and equipment were exceptionally clean, the prices were low, and Capt. Pat made making us happy a priority. He planned the trip around what was best for us. We liked it so much my friend and I chartered him to take us lobster hunting during the week. Again a great experience.

2 Thank Mapdot
patrick g, Owner at Cheap Fishing Key West, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for the great review I really appreciate it. Next time you come down we will go for the all day lobster adventure.
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Trip including catching a 200+ lb Nurse Shark”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Captain Patrick definitely knows what hes doing. His boat and gear are very clean and well maintained. He knows the all the great fishing spots in Key West and makes it fun to fish. In a 6 hour trip between four people, we caught well over 50 fish. Will definitely come back.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank Daniel W
Thank you for the kind words. I cant take all the credit you guys were excellent fisherman and I want everyone to know that you fought that big shark like a champ on a small spinning rod with 20lb test. Not many people could have done that. Hope to see you all soon.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect for families!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is the perfect way to take younger kids fishing in Key West. Two & 1/2 hours was the ideal amount of time for our 7 and 10 year old. Captain Patrick really tailored the trip to what we were interested in, which was letting the kids catch fish! There aren't many other charters who offer any sort of short trip like this, at a reasonable price. This is a great way to test the waters and see if your kids/family are ready and interested in a longer trip. We'll certainly use Patrick every time we're in Key West. Great experience!

Visited January 2013
Thank you very much. It was a pleasure hanging out on the boat with your family and I think the kids will be ready for the 5hr adventure next time and the fish should be scared. They were catching like they were pros.