“Solo American Bistro”

Cuisines: American, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were in Key West a week ago. Prior to our visit, I checked out TripAdvisor for new restaurants since April 2012. Solo American was one of them so we read many great/positive reviews. Naturally, we wondered if we could trust them! We could. We had a very large lunch that day @ Little Palm Island Resort on Little Torch Key (very scenic locale, good food and VERY expensive!!!) so we just wanted a light meal for dinner. We ordered several appetizers - the flat breads were delicious as were the cheese plate, beet salad & arugula salads. Desserts were yummy too! Our server, Arlette, was a real pleasure. She was very sweet, sharing some of her personal, family background with us and was very charming & fun. The restaurant space was very classy, very New York City-like. It was a very enjoyable experience.
Other quick reviews:
2 Cents - ok - an eclectic menu.
Grunts - very good food on a busy-looking plate. The problem with this place is that you have to pay for your meal separately from your bar bill so you get two credit card transactions for the same meal.

1  Thank TheLadyNj

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent spot to escape the heat and sip a 1/2 price key lime or Cosmo martini. Try the delicious flatbread too, will be returning many times.

1  Thank Deb43015
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had lunch at Solo on a saturday afternoon, the place was empty. We ordered Beer Cheese soup, Shrimp/Conch fritters,Hogfish sandwich, Lamb/Hamburger, Four cheese flat bread and the Short Rib Tortilla. for dessert we had the Chocolate Cheese cake and the Peach Cobbler. For drinks we had 2 mojitos Ice tea and 2 sodas, For 4 ppl the total bill was $120.00 I feel it is a little pricy even for Key West. All the food was presented well, tasted very good with appropriate portion sizes.

1  Thank conchmac
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I believe Solo opened in November 2012. It is a very contemporary design for Key West and very well done. It looks more like NY. We ate there in March twice, but it was too cool to sit outside. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food quite good. Sometimes there is a bit of a wait for food coming from the kitchen, but I found this in several restaurants and I think it is just laid back Key West. I just relaxed and enjoyed myself. After all, I was on vacation so what's the difference.

1  Thank joand1
Reviewed April 18, 2013

A rarity in Key West where the inside space is nicer than the outside. Contemporary design is well done with banquette seating and nice bar and lounge area. Our service was very good and she offered a sample of wine to see whether we liked it. Food was quite good with emphasis on my wife's beet salad which she proclaimed outstanding.

1  Thank Billfromvermont