“Unexpectedly Delicious”
Review of El Meson de Pepe

El Meson de Pepe
Ranked #115 of 444 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Cuban, Caribbean
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Unexpectedly Delicious”
Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

I had never tried Cuban food until my trip to Florida. This was my second experience with Cuban food on our trip and I was very pleasantly surprised. The staff at the restaurant were extremely friendly and the food was awesome. We ordered the nachos made with plantain chips and ate the entire plate. We mistakenly ordered another plate to share thinking we'd still be hungry after the nachos. I can't remember the name of the plate but it had shredded beef, ground beef, and carnitas (or something similar), rice, black beans and yucca on it. Every bite was amazing! We didn't have any of their drinks, but from what I could tell, they looked yummy. Great place to eat!

North Liberty
“You will dream about the food here when you return”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I have to say I make sure and eat here every-time I am in the Keys. I simply love this place. The food is great and the live music and atmosphere is unmatched. Just a really relaxing and enjoyable meal every-time.

• Visited March 2012
Suffield, Connecticut
“Excellent Mojitos”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

They are known for their mojitos, and they do a good job making them. We ate there too, and it seemed authentic to me although it isn't my type of food so I was tentative, it was so delicous!

Visited January 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Terrific live music, good Cuban cuisine, a garden setting with lush vegitation and fountain, a festive atmosphere for families and couples alike--a magical setting--really nothing like it on the Island. A converted warehouse houses a cigar store & Cuban art & artifacts. A great place to meet for dinner or drinks and linger all night.

Visited December 2012