“REAL Italian Gelato and Pizza - Great Friendly Staff”

Duetto Pizza and Gelato
Ranked #14 of 447 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2013

So good I canceled my dinner reservations to "Better than Sex" dessert restaurant to eat dinner here after eating lunch and LOVING it. I felt this was a highlight to our entire vacation to the Keys. I can't explain how great it is to get a taste of Italy. I spoke with the owner and he explained how living in Italy for 10 years gave him the know how to make REAL Italian Gelato and Pizza. I had four scoops of Gelato and all four flavors were amazing! I had two different types of pizza and they reminded me of when I lived in Italy. They make real Gelato fresh every day, have real Italian pizza by the slice or tons of specials, a talented artist on staff that makes their menu fun and adds a special touch.,Locals be sure to ask about their discount program.

There are newer reviews for Duetto Pizza and Gelato

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Met James, he told us a classic story of Key West. In my opinion he is a perfect example of what makes that city so great.
And he makes a terrific pizza. I would have liked to try more than just a pepperoni pizza, bu tyou can only eat so much...
Next time I will try the pizza with walnuts, gorgonzola and field greens.
They have a very nice staff, too.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The pizza is spectacular and amazing, the service was impeccable, and the gelato -- out of this world. Try the Key Lime Pie Gelato and it competes well against any pie on the island. Its small, but inviting. Seconds from Duval and Customs House.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My significant other is a great cook so we are picky about eating out. During our recent stay in Key West, we went to Duetto's three days in a row. And when we are in Key West again, you bet we will eat there at least once. Hard to beat the wonderful food, and the warmth and dedication to service of the owners and the staff make it a favorite. Don't miss it!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

With only one day left in our vacation to Key West, we decided to walk a couple of blocks to the tripadvisor # 3 - ranked restaurant for lunch. We were so glad we did. We ordered a full pizza (Capricciosa) to split between us and ate at a table outside (at mid-afternoon, the pizzas available by slice only were not that appealing so we ordered a full freshly-baked pie). While I'm a traditional pepperoni, Italian sausage, and mushroom pizza guy, I wasn't sure if this ham, mushroom, black olive, artichoke heart, and Italian mozzarella cheese pie would do the trick for me. YES, IT DID!!! I think what set it apart from other specialty pizza places was the tomato sauce, which had a real acidic kick to it that added to the blend of flavors from the fresh ingredients and thin crust. My wife had to try the gelato and said it was the best she'd ever had.

If you find yourself in Key West having enjoyed enough of the great seafood, steak, and Italian pasta at other well-rated restaurants there, and you want a change, try this little pizza place. You'll be glad you did.