“The best pizza in my life!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Duetto Pizza and Gelato
Ranked #5 of 443 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Springfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best pizza in my life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Biacaneve (white pizza with ricotta, parmigiana, spinach garlic and italian mozzarella cheese. This is the best pizza I have had in my life! The owner and is family are the nicest people! You will be blessed with great food, service with a smile and then can have terrific gelato for dessert! We ate here several times on our vacation! I can't wait until we can go back!

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
“Best Pistachio Gelato I've Ever Had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I've been to Italy and ate a LOT of gelato there, in France and the U.S. The pistachio gelato was simply divine. The best I've ever had. We returned again and all of the gelato was amazing. This is a must-stop location for an ice cream break.

Unfortunately, gluten is not my friend, so I didn't get to try the pizza. It looked very good, and it's nice you can buy it by the slice.

Methuen, Massachusetts
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stopped in to grab a pizza to go. While waiting chatted with staff who couldn't do enough while we waited. Grab extra seats from the back so we could sit, offered gelato samples (which were amazing), we were going to buy a bottle of water and instead they offered a cup of ice water. Great people. Brought the pizza back to the hotel and it was excellent. Stopped by another night for a couple of slice to go and went over to World of Beer. Excellent!

Pine Plains, New York
“Not my kind of pizza...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just not my kind of pizza. The Margherita pizza looked and tasted like a plain old cheese slice to us. My understanding of Margherita Pizza based upon the 1899 recipe of of chef Raffaelle Esposito who made it for Queen Margherita with tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and basil to imitate the colors of the Italian flag. The slices we were served were soggy, and they provided us with rubbery plastic cutlery and paper plates. That being said, the folks who worked there were very nice and were attentive. Not my kind of place though.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Duetto_Pizza_Gelato, Owner at Duetto Pizza and Gelato, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Hello Dave,
thank you for your review.
We are glad you liked our services and we are sorry that you didn't like our pizza.
Your review is offering us an important chance to clarify a few things about our business.

About the Pizza Margherita : yes, your are right.. the Italian Margherita is just a "plain cheese pizza" with a leaf of basil in the middle of the pie.
The three colors of our flags are the RED of the tomato sauce, the WHITE of the mozzarella and the GREEN of the Basil leaf.
In Italy if you are looking for a pizza with Fresh Tomatoes and Fresh Mozzarella slices , you ask for the CAPRESE pizza that we have also on our menu.
The Margherita with fresh tomatoes is an American (good...) interpretation...
We like to keep our Italian Original Recipes and so we like to make the pizza the way we used to do in Italy...
By the way.. just as a friendly advise... if you go to Italy, do not look for Pasta Alfredo... they will ask you : "Alfredo who?" .... we just don't have that kind of Pasta... the same way .. we drink cappuccino only for breakfast , never after lunch of dinner...
See... every country has its own habits..

About plates and plasticware, unfortunately we are a very small place ( for now...) so we have to use plastic utensils and paper plates. Just be aware that we are using forks and knives made of corn. They are recyclable and compostable and environment friendly . We thus also avoid to use too many chemical washing soaps that are big hazards for the delicate Florida Keys environment.

Thank You for the 4 stars that you rewarded our service with , we hope to see you again for another chance of trying a real Italian pizza.. maybe a Caprese ... this time :-)

Best Regards
Ciao
Leonardo, Silvia and Steve
Owners
Sicklerville, NJ
“Superb Pizza and Gelato with above and beyond customer service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family and I are pizza aficionados. We reside in the north east where we have many choices of pizza to eat, especially those that tout their pizza as the best. I would put Duetto's pizza up against many of the greats in the PA/NY area. The crust is amazingly thin and crispy, yet has a toothy textured bite. We had 2 pizza's between the 4 of us (1 cheese, 1 pepperoni) and we ate it all. The toppings were just right and not over or under done. The service was outstanding and the Gelato was creamy, flavorful and was a fitting end to a great meal. The only issue I have is that the restaurant is small and only offers a few seats inside and a few outside. We were fortunate that we did not have to wait too long to sit and eat.