“Very good pizza”

Duetto Pizza and Gelato
Ranked #12 of 459 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: I am Italian and more than 30 years in the food business. At Duetto we put "Amore" (Love) in what we do. Our pizza and our gelato respect the traditional Italian recipe.
Reviewed June 21, 2013

The owner was very nice and enjoyed food service. Authentic Italian pizza. I would suggest getting slices if it's only 2 people. We orded a full pizza and it was more than enough food. Limited seating. Gelato was fantastic.

1  Thank dunl1122
Write a ReviewReviews (2,349)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stopped in on our way back from dinner. I had the small with pistachio and coconut. Some of the best gelato I have had since Italy. Our kids stopped in there earlier for slices and said it was great. A good value for Key West - anyone pay top dollar at Kilwins?!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Delicious and refreshing, that's all I can say. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed. So many flavors to choose from makes it difficult to decide. Love the fact that they give you little serving spoons so you can taste before you buy.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We visited back in May and I kept forgetting to write a review...I just kept raving about it to everyone I've talked to! For better or worse, this place was right down the block from our hotel...which means we ate way more pizza, and especially gelato, than we should have. The pizza was great! The sauce wasn't sweet like so many places...it was so much richer. And the cheese had this tangy quality to it that I'm not sure I have tasted before. It was wonderful. But the gelato...that was like a whole other level. My favorite is the chocolate chip. It's not a vanilla base (which is what you would expect), it's just this creamy, milky flavor as the base. Steve told us what the base flavor was but I don't remember :). Speaking of Steve, he was so great and knowledgeable and personable. We had an awesome time just talking to him. And then we met Leonardo on our next visit and he was just as friendly and helpful. He even told us of a gelato place near our home in Tampa that uses the same supplier as him. I was so excited to get home and try them! There were three of us in our group and we all had different favorite flavors. Mine, of course, was the chocolate chip. My aunt loved the pistachio. My mom loved the mint chocolate chip. Honestly, the only two flavors we didn't think were worth ordering a second time were the vanilla (just kind of boring, like vanilla) and the tiramisu. But if you really like the espresso/coffee flavor of authentic tiramisu, you might really like it. Just know it's a strong flavor. Just go! You will love it! The food is worth it alone, but the owners make this place unforgettable and will keep you coming back.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Wow what an awesome staff! Friendly, appreciative, and extremely efficient! Gelato is delicious and they will let you sample all of the flavors! We tried a specialty pizza which was very good ham , mushrooms, and artichokes! Reminded me of Jersey! My only tiny complaint would be that our pizza may have been left in a bit too long and the crust was a bit burnt; maybe thats the way its normally served?There is only 2 tables inside so just a heads up on the seating. Would definitely go back and try their panini's!