“Very Interesting”

Ranked #13 of 182 things to do in Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: Tropical Gardens set in an old fort
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a very interesting Garden Club, and the volunteers took time to explain and discuss their plants

All reviews
in 33 reviews
"bloom"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This donation-only garden is housed in an old fort and was planted and is maintained by volunteers. Beautiful flowers, shrubs and trees line peaceful paths dotted with benches and chairs. Well worth the time to balance the rush of Duval Street. Enjoy!!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stumbled across this place. Can't believe there was no admission charge. It's small, only about an acre, but beautiful. and cool in the summer heat.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I LOVED this place. It's run by a local garden club so its free unless you want to be a member. The gentleman that was there was an enthusiast so I could talk gardening all day if I wanted to. However, most people just get a map and walk around. I should have brought a book and found me a little place to read. My husband and I went and we just strolled hand-in-hand. Having the it in the old fort was cool b/c it was really fun to look at the fort and see what they were trying to do with it. My husband likes history so he loved to talk about the history of the fort. I just liked the atmosphere. It's small. If you aren't staying for an event, to read, or to study plants you will probably leave pretty quickly. I will go back with my husband just to stroll. It's romantic.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I stumbled into the Key West Garden Club while biking along the beach. There was a delightful gentleman at the desk, who told us the history of the gardens and the club. There is no entry fee but donations are encouraged. The garden is small, peaceful, and adjoins the ruins of part of a fort. It's a sweet spot on Key West.