“Best free garden”

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best free garden”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stumbled across this place. Can't believe there was no admission charge. It's small, only about an acre, but beautiful. and cool in the summer heat.

Visited August 2013

Destin, Florida
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Tropical Paradise”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I LOVED this place. It's run by a local garden club so its free unless you want to be a member. The gentleman that was there was an enthusiast so I could talk gardening all day if I wanted to. However, most people just get a map and walk around. I should have brought a book and found me a little place to read. My husband and I went and we just strolled hand-in-hand. Having the it in the old fort was cool b/c it was really fun to look at the fort and see what they were trying to do with it. My husband likes history so he loved to talk about the history of the fort. I just liked the atmosphere. It's small. If you aren't staying for an event, to read, or to study plants you will probably leave pretty quickly. I will go back with my husband just to stroll. It's romantic.

Visited August 2013
Roswell, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I stumbled into the Key West Garden Club while biking along the beach. There was a delightful gentleman at the desk, who told us the history of the gardens and the club. There is no entry fee but donations are encouraged. The garden is small, peaceful, and adjoins the ruins of part of a fort. It's a sweet spot on Key West.

Gulf Breeze, Florida
129 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 430 helpful votes
“Free to see, but please donate.”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful old fort, now a garden of all sorts of palms and plants ! Sitting right between Higgs beach and aids memorial bridge on the beach. We went during a rainy hour and it was great. Volunteers keep the place up, you can see their pride in the plants ! Please donate to keep this place "growing" !!

Plainfield, Indiana
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Check it out!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I aren't really plant people, but we accidentally wandered into this place. WOW! We checked it out and it was very interesting and worth the visit. I'm sure plant and/or history people would enjoy it even more!