“Yummiest BBQ ”

Ranked #72 of 452 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Grill, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Charlie Mac's is the winner of the 2013 Key Plaza Memorial Day BBQ Cook Off and serves up the best island-flavored BBQ in Key West. Inspired by the sizzling pits of South Carolina, Charlie Mac’s is Pat Croce’s latest Mile Zero local hot spot. Tap into two dozen brews. Order up an icy cocktail. Kick back to live music. Enjoy the great vibes right next to the Green Parrot Bar. And get lively with the Southernmost Hurricane Club on game day at the new official Key West home of the University of Miami Hurricanes.
Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

I went to Charlie Mack's after reading all of the wonderful reviews . They were absolutely correct ! That place is awesome !!! Not only that they have like 25 beers on tap the food was amazing ! I started of with a red beet salad and jalapeño poppers wow what a delicious surprise, the red beets where layered with both goat and blue cheese ,the fresh greens toasted with pecans and balsamic vinaigrette , poppers had a lot of flavor! Then for a main course I enjoy the most flavorful and tender brisket served with delicious garlic green beans and yummiest Mac n cheese ! I topped my brisket with Charlie Mac's sweet BBQ red sauce what a treat ! The staff was very friendly and service was fast. My new favorite Barbecue spot!

1  Thank JokoJackson
PhillytoKeyWest, Manager at Charlie Mac's, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Glad to hear you loved everything and that we are your new BBQ Spot!

Reviewed August 27, 2014

With all the great restaurants in town it can still get hard to narrow down on what you want. Last year I walked by Charlie Mac's and suggested it Monday night while at The Bottle Cap. We asked Sheri Baby (guest bartender) what she thought. She said it was good and Aubrey agreed. Sheri had another fundraiser after her Bottle Cap event. We walked to Charlie Mac's and saw Sheri drive by and honked at us. When we got to the front of the restaurant there they were. Sheri said that our talk of BBQ sounded good and they needed to eat anyway so... We all sat together and listened to their suggestions starting with the "Spicy Pork Mac n Cheese Balls" (mac and cheese with pulled pork and jalapeños deep fried). GREAT way to start a meal. Around the table there were Fish Tacos, a burger, 2 brisket platters, pulled pork platter, and a Smoked Turkey BLT. Not much to say about either the burger or the fish tacos but the rest of the food. The description for the BLT (House-Smoked Turkey Breast. Finished with Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato with Garlic Herb Mayo) made me think of deli-sliced smoked turkey. These were about a 1/4 inch slices that all wouldn't fit on the sandwich. The platters were served with coleslaw and cornbread plus 2 additional sides (potato salad, beans, fries, mac and cheese, garlic green beans, etc). I had the brisket, green beans, and the mac and cheese. So the food arrives very quickly I might add and the plate in front of my has about 6-8 slices of tender brisket, a nice portion of crisp fresh lightly garlic green beans, a scoop of the mac and cheese, a small soufflé cup of cole slaw, and what looked like a 2 X 3 X 2 cube of corn bread. In other words a lot of food! The center of the table has three different BBQ sauces (I like a hot sauce, theirs wasn't hot enough for me MY ONLY NEGATIVE COMMENT) and the rest of possible condiments.

1  Thank Donald C

Your review was a delight to read and we are in the process of coming out with a hotter sauce just for everyone that wants more heat! Please come again soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

Food was classic BBQ type of food. Everything was great and enjoyed by the whole family. Prices were reasonable. Fast service and very friendly.

1  Thank sh00m

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My sister and I after a night of listening to great music in Key West, decided we wanted to get something to eat. It was 11:30 and a lot of places were closing. We noticed a sign for BBQ and after some minor persuasion from my BBQ loving sister (my arm still hurts) we went into Charlie Mac's for what I thought would be end of the day dried out BBQ and dour tired out wait staff. I was
to be pleasantly surprised.

We were greated by a very cheerful waiter, who made great suggestions on what to order. The manager or owner then came over to on give us the basics on the sauces. He was delightful - remember this was near midnight. But the best was yet to come - big succulent perfectly spiced
ribs with sides which were freshly made. The portions were so big we had to get doggie bags.

Run don't walk to Charlie Mac's. I would highly recommend Charlie Mac's for late night dining.

2  Thank Anita H

Thanks for posting your review! We are proud to be serving great BBQ at anytime of the day and it was great reading your review! Please come on back for some delicious BBQ.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

I ate at the bar a few months ago and it was great. Yesterday I brought my wife, she loves mojitos so when Chris said he made a great mojito, she gave it a try. She said it was the BEST mojito she ever had. We ate at the bar to watch football, great choice! Chris was alone, he was busy and he still did a great job. We had a mahi sandwich, beef brisket and fried pickles everything was excellent. She had the mahi blackened it was just right and the brisket was tender and delicious. Truly we couldn't have asked for a better experience. There are lotsa restaurants on the island, but we will be back HERE before we leave. Thanks CHRIS

2  Thank Br0wns32

Thanks for sharing your experience with our bartender Chris, from South Jersey, as I am sure he told you! We were delighted to hear that you loved the mojitos and the brisket. Thanks for sharing!