“Great day, but long day”

Dry Tortugas National Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$178.99*
and up
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip by Catamaran
Ranked #2 of 180 things to do in Key West
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Kids and wife got sea sick on the long trip out (they flew back). The ferry crew were very professional. The snorkeling was eh. The trip was an all day event, budget your time wisely.

2  Thank Morris48230
There are newer reviews for Dry Tortugas National Park

Reviewed April 17, 2014

After a horrendous journey out the National Park (many people were seasick) it was too murky to see anything snorkeling. We should have been made aware of this before embarking. We were never given an option to rebook for a calmer day. The journey is very expensive and takes a very long time to get there so it was disappointing to not be able to see anything in the water.
The crew was amazing, I cannot say more about how wonderful they were.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

What an amazing day trip! There had been a storm the day before and the ride out was a little choppy (thought they were joking when they put barf bags on all the tables)… but don't let that put you off. They offer dramamine. When we got to the key, we took the tour with Jeff, who LOVES the place, and had loads of stories to tell. The 40 minute tour was over in a flash, and then there was time to explore the island on our own and go snorkeling. The crew is an amazing group of people who took really great care of us. Fun!

3  Thank Liz T
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Words cannot describe the sheer beauty of this place. Even if you are only in Key West for 1 day I recommend you do this, there is so much to do at the fort alone, plus you have the opportunity to snorkel, swim, or just relax on the beach. The only downside to our trip was that the boat ride there was rough, this is no ones fault, just mother nature doing her thing. If you are prone to being sea sick you may want to look into the seaplane option.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I suggest taking the sea plane if you can swing it. We've been out here three times - and love it!!

Here are my tips. Bring extra water and snacks. Eat before you go and bring extra snacks - there are no concessions at the fort. Extra sunscreen is necessary, bring some towels. I prefer my own snorkel equipment and always bring my own - often I snorkel there without fins - if you wear them put the on in the shallow sand and walk backward until you can snorkel out.

Don't forget your camera and bring on the is waterproof the sea life is amazing. The fort is rich in history - so take your time. You can really never see it all in one trip, so you will just have to come back.

People say the ferry is great - and someday I will try it. For now, I'll stick to the plane ride over it is beyond cool.

1  Thank Laurie K