“Great Snorkeling”

and up
Dry Tortugas National Park Day Trip by Catamaran
Ranked #2 of 180 things to do in Key West
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Next time I would skip the tour of the fort and spend all the time snorkeling. Saw some nice size grouper and a couple of small sand sharks.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Take the boat over! Great, relaxing ride! Peaceful, turquoise waters, time to unwind. Once there, the beaches and snorkeling are a once in a lifetime experience. I have done this twice and can't wait to go again. It is pricey, but for an entire day of experiencing something you can only imagine, it was amazing. The most beautiful place I have ever visited!

1  Thank kadykel
Reviewed June 13, 2013

A fast cat can get you here (or a short plane ride). Warning you- the tour of the Fort is blazingly hot, so bring sun screen and plenty of water. The tour is worth the sweat and labor; I was intrigued by it's history as a fort and a prison. The snorkeling is phenomenal and easy on even a novice - take a tour that includes lunch but bring extra beverages!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

I must admit, at first I was hesitant to take this long 2hr plus boat ride out to the remote Ft. Jefferson National Park. However, I am so glad I listened to my wife and took this trip. This was one of the neatest tours I have ever been on in my life.

I cannot put into words how awesome this fort was. The sheer size is breathtaking. When you add in a day of top notch snorkeling at the fort, it is just a truly memorable trip. The staff aboard the Yankee Freedom was great. They provided us with a complimentary tour, which led by a wonderful and knowledgable staff member.

3  Thank Dave S
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I took the ferry out for two nights of camping. We got in a great afternoon of snorkeling after setting up camp. The wind increased so much overnight that it was unsafe to snorkel the rest of our trip but we explored the Fort from top to bottom and read every sign! So cool!! I highly recommend camping because once the ferry leaves it feels like your own private island to explore.