“Lucky to have ended up at Roostica”

Roostica Wood-Fire Pizzeria
Ranked #65 of 460 Restaurants in Key West
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We set out of Islamorada to eat lunch at a recommended Neapolitan Pizza place. It was closed and Roostica was recommended. Though a few more miles South, we gave it a shot and glad we did. Great and attentive service even we sat outside by ourselves. Owner came over to talk to us about restaurant. The food was great. Pizzas, Salad and Eggplant App, all were very good. Bar looked extensive.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We had pizzas. The crust was tough and not at all crisp. The wood fired oven may need cleaning. The crust of our pizza was more than 50% burnt. I know you will pick up some burnt spots in the wood fired oven, but this was bad. And maybe the oven is not the 900 degrees advertised, because like I said our crust was terribly tough and not at all crispy. The fried saffron risotto balls appetizer were unimpressive...as for the mozzarella stuffing in them, I certainly did not find it...or taste it. My Margherita pizza was prepared incorrectly....no basil...really? The best thing I can say about this restaurant is that the marinara on the pizza was good. We will not go back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Took some friends here to say thanks for their help. Everyone loved their food, said it was delicious. I had the white pizza with figs. Sounds a little unusual but it was delicious!! I would get it again!! The interior is noisy as the conversations bounce off the walls. Outside seating was nice. arranged tables so our party of 5 could all sit together.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a block away and in the beginning of a tropical storm didn't want to go far for a pizza. Not knowing it was a more fancy artist type pizza ordered 2 for a party of 6. Pizza was good in the small side staff was very friendly. Would eat there again for a more private setting.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Love the pizza! I can not wait to return and try a different one! So many great options, and the sunday bruch looked really good. Bloody Mary for only $4.
And a really good price for the high quality pizza you get. I was expecting a small or personal pizza for $14, but one was plenty for me and my wife.