First... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! This place is 2 blocks away from Duval and 2 blocks away from water and Mallory Square. The location is the best part of this hotel! My husband and I were able to come and go whenever we needed as it was so conveniently located near everything! While out walking and touring during the day we didnt need to worry about bringing sweaters or change of clothes as we were only 3 minutes walking distance no matter where we went. The location was perfect! We were in room 1 and had our own porch with chairs and foot stool and it was nice in the a.m. to sit out there with coffee and at night to sit with drinks and watch the people walking around.
Second - the charm of this hotel was very nice. It was not a resort and its not a $1000 per night room. For the price we paid we got well worth it. The original wood floors and original structures and walls and painted and repainted walls were gorgeous. My husband is a painter and he was not bothered by the painted walls and decor as he is very picky and specific about that kind of work. Ti y details were chipped paint here or there or creaky wooden floor boards but it adds so much charm and character and its nice to stay in a place with so much history. Our room was very clean when we arrived and was cleaned during the day when we left with not so much as a single thread of our belongings tampered with. If you are looking for character, charm, relaxing environment, clean beds this is your place!
Barely a gripe - 1) Our room was facing closest to duval so noise of motorcycles and go go carts were there but barely bothered us. We kept the a.c. on while we were there so we didnt hear much. Occasionally we would hear footsteps above us but again not so much to be a bother to us. Besides..... im sure we made plenty of noise of our own and we didnt get any dirty looks ;)
2) The sink faucet in our bathroom was very light so if you are an avid face washer I would tell u to get a different room. However the extremely deep and big bathtub paid for it and I enjoyed two soaks while there and even fell asleep in the bath one night! Other than the faucet the bathroom was gorgeous and very clean and nicely restocked wuth towels each day.
Staff were very friendly. Breakfast was staple stuff like cereals and bagels and toast and fruits and coffee and juices but the coffee qas better than the Starbucks on Duval so that says something....
Overall I would definately recommend this place to anyone! When we return to Key West we will definately return to Cypress House. We loved the high ceilings and hanging chandelier in our room, flat screen tv, beautiful decor... qe had a great time! I asked my husband of he had anything to add and he says no.. great times!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Historic architecture with updated, modern rooms and amenities are what you will enjoy at our Cypress House Hotel located in the Old Town area of Key West. Cypress House is a stylish historic, boutique Key West hotel with 22 guest rooms located just one block from Duval Street and a few blocks from the seaport; you can walk to Margaritaville, Mallory Square, Key West restaurants, nightlife, and all the things you want to do. This former estate property includes two Classic Bahamian Conch Style houses and one Grand Conch Mansion, dating from 1888 and 1895. The inn is set inside a lush, tropically landscaped, gated property with many comfortable lounging areas. Historic Architecture & Modern Rooms. Free Upgraded Continental Breakfast served poolside from the beautiful house kitchen. Free In-Room Internet. Upscale Eco-friendly Bathroom Amenities. Relaxing Pool. Boutique Hotel. Pay Garage Parking Nearby. Walk To Duval Street, The Harbor & Beaches. Located In The Heart of Old Town, Key West. Modern style & comfort meets relaxed Key West vibe. Escape from the ordinary. Immerse yourself in the soul of Key West at the Cypress House Hotel. Adults Only. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Cypress House Hotel : Key West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress House Hotel Key West