“Just ok!”

Ranked #17 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Just ok!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

I just realized I had not posted a review of our stay at the Marrero's Guest Mansion. It has been roughly over a year since our stay. The location was a bit off track but workable. Upon arrival we were greeted by the gentleman who managed the house. He didn't seem very friendly. The back yard and pool area was rather nice though. Breakfast in the morning is not much, a few rolls and juice. Sorry, we were just not wowed by our stay at Marerro's.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank josiewall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Brevard, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

After not being able to get past the ridiculous intake process for this hotel. I thought I'd leave my review about how absolutely inefficient and it lack's competent help or any help for that matter. The answering machine with the little old man and his wife are all a quaint little front and how they are away helping guests . It's being run by a guy behind computer screen who writes back rude emails when you leave a message trying to reserve a room. Steve will let you know when you call within their stated works hours 8-5 as stated their own answering machine that you are doubling their work load leaving messages . Silly me thinking the little old man and his wife were helping other guests as their recording stated. I must have forgot we are in the twentieth century and Key West is at it's pinnacle of technology revolution .I should have waited and not " bothered" them by calling and leaving messages trying to reserve a room and thinking they might actually be busy helping guests or overslept.

Steve was also kind enough to let me know in his rude email that they only reserve rooms for two or more nights unless someone reserved the same room the day before . Which makes sense why clean everyday when you can every other day.

Thanks, Steve!!! I'm happy you didn't ruin my stay at Key West by me actually staying at your hotel which lead me on to believe it was run by normal friendly people not some random unsocialized guy behind hiding behind his computer screen.

Stayed June 2014
9 Thank Olivia B
smackawits, Manager at Marrero's Guest Mansion, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
It always amazes me that people throw out the "rude" word when they do not hear what they want to hear. We have a two night minimum for the weekend that we try to adhere to. This customer wanted one night. I explained the two night minimum in a professional email. This customer continued to barrage us with calls (to try to change my mind?). There was no need to call this customer, as I had already explained the policy in an email. Why duplicate effort? As this customer's messages and emails became more abusive, it was apparent that we did not want someone with this type of attitude staying with us in any event.
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The third year "the great guys" have enjoyed Marrero's. Every year gets better. Steve and Skylee make everyone more than comfortable and part of the group. The entire houseful of guests have booked for the same weekend next year. Can't wait for our reunion in June 2015. Marrero's is the best!

• Stayed June 2014
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! I would never willingly stay anywhere else. Steve is awesome, room was perfect and met lots of new friends. I love the ADULT ONLY atmosphere and happy hour is truly happy! Great location, clothing optional pool and helpful staff. Just remember to check out the website to request a room to suit your needs. Until next year... Can't wait to see you again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth S
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Location location location!!!! This was a perfect location to be close to everything. 1/2 Block from Duval and just a short walk to Mallory Square. The place is designed for adults only, so for those of us who like a chance to be away from kids, then an even better reason to stay here. Steve is the manager and does a great job of making you feel at home. It should be noted that the pool is clothing optional, which is another reason you must be 21 years old to stay at Marrero's. This is an older home, so it is not perfect. However, for the location and price, this is a great place to be.

Room Tip: If room size matters, please ask the host about the size of your room that you are booking. We stay...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank LarryJean
florida
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We just returned from Key West and our annual Marrero's stay. As always Steve was a wonderful host and made sure everyone was comfortable. The location of this B&B can't be beat. Steve is right on with his recommendations for food and entertainment. It's good to have a place where you feel right at home. I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: One hint, it you are a light sleeper or go to bed early, the Cabana room might not be right for you...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hulagirl84
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Good
1. Easy Check in - checkout
2. Clean rooms with a turn of the century feel
7. Great Staff
8. Adults Only
9. Location
10. on and on and on and on

The Bad

When we left

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Brian P