Douglas House
$297
Orbitz.com
$188
$170
Havana Cabana at Key West(Key West)
$242
$181
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$923
  • Pool
All reviewspalm roomduval streetcuban clubpool areasmall poolsouthernmost pointfull kitchenliving roomquiet endrum baroff street parkingla te dafront porchhemingway houseceiling fanbed and breakfastthe room was nice
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Four stars for the room we got, it was a nice large suite with two flat screen TV's we didn't use, nice tropical furniture and treatments, and a big comfy king size bed. There were two unwanted guests staying with us though, one Mr. Hornet, and later on one Ms. Palmetto bug. The jacuzzi came in very handy after a long night of partying, and we did enjoy the complimentary breakfast. If you rent bikes, do it on your own and not through the hotel, You have to wait for them to deliver it and you get what they drop you off. I would have gone for a tandem if I knew places carried them.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RichiefromBrooklyn
Reviewed May 14, 2009

The Douglas House was recomended to us by a friend who has been there on several different occassions. We were exahausted from traveling all day when we arrived, I have to disagree with the other reviews I read. The staff was very helpful infact went out of the way to help us with luggage, parking the car and booking trips for us and even offered to give us a ride from the airport when we returned our rental car!! (We did not need it we walked to everything). Will definately stay at the Douglas House again and recomend it to all of our friends.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank MassSunseeker73
Reviewed May 13, 2009

The rooms are acceptable in comfort and decor, although the beds are uncomfortable. The gardens are very nice and the area is quiet. This B&B would have rated higher if it wasn't for the rude staff. Everyone I encountered from the receptionist to the manager was mean and nasty. I will be looking for a new B&B for my next trip.

Stayed: May 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank Voluptuous_Design
Reviewed March 27, 2009

I have stayed at the Douglas house twice, both times when I was traveling alone and wanted a quick get away. Given the pricey options in Key West, I have been pleased with the Douglas House for seveal reasons.

1) Like most beach B&B's/hotels, it gets alot of wear and tear, but the owners continually do work. The rooms are clean, although I agree with other reviewers that they could use new pillows and bedding. For what I paid both times, I thought the rooms were priced right.

2) The pool is nice and my rooms have always been just off the pool. There is a hot tub too. There is also a nice garden area to relax in.

3) The Douglas House is located on the quiet end of Duval. This is important to me. I walk up the street and have my fun, but when I come home I want to sleep, not listen to drunks or traffic all night.

4) The staff is friendly, responsive ahd helpful. On one trip, when I first arrived I noticed one of the locks on the room wasn't functioning well. As soon as I told the staff, they had the repair person come fix it immediately.

5) They offer parking.

It is not a 5 star resort, but I know that when I book it. It is a comfortable, friendly place in a great location.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo
5  Thank prs2007
Reviewed March 10, 2009

First, the staff acts like they are doing you a favor if you stay there....they need to go to charm school. Their attitude is BAD. Room had kitchenette but no plates, no eating utensils. Room service was bad. No wash cloths one day. When told the front desk the response was "wait a minute" and they handed me the towels instead of bringing them to the room... no apologies. Very unfriendly place. Too bad, could be a nice place to stay but definitely not worth the $200+ per night. Stay across Duval street at The Speak Easy. We spent time at the bar and front porch to smoke cigars. These are very friendly people. Rooms look good and are a LOT less expensive. We are definitely staying there next time.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple