I have stayed at the Douglas house twice, both times when I was traveling alone and wanted a quick get away. Given the pricey options in Key West, I have been pleased with the Douglas House for seveal reasons.
1) Like most beach B&B's/hotels, it gets alot of wear and tear, but the owners continually do work. The rooms are clean, although I agree with other reviewers that they could use new pillows and bedding. For what I paid both times, I thought the rooms were priced right.
2) The pool is nice and my rooms have always been just off the pool. There is a hot tub too. There is also a nice garden area to relax in.
3) The Douglas House is located on the quiet end of Duval. This is important to me. I walk up the street and have my fun, but when I come home I want to sleep, not listen to drunks or traffic all night.
4) The staff is friendly, responsive ahd helpful. On one trip, when I first arrived I noticed one of the locks on the room wasn't functioning well. As soon as I told the staff, they had the repair person come fix it immediately.
5) They offer parking.
It is not a 5 star resort, but I know that when I book it. It is a comfortable, friendly place in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A peaceful, genuine Key West-style tropical oasis awaits you with this historic retreat nestled within the quiet, cultural district of Old Town. Luxurious, yet affordable accommodations range from deluxe rooms to comfortable suites and two bedroom/two bath condominiums. Amenities include heated pool, Free parking, Wi-Fi, coffee & tea daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Douglas House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Douglas House Hotel Key West
- Douglas House Key West