“All you could ask for in a B&B on and more..”
Review of Duval Gardens

Duval Gardens
Ranked #20 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have stayed here twice now and will keep coming back everytime we are in Key West. Location is second to none, away from all the late night noise but close enough to walk to if you are is a partying mode..The rooms a very nice you can see the owner took time to put their love into the place:: you get a very nice well put together breakfast in the morning before you go off seeing what key west as to offer..On a hot sunny day like most days in the Keys they have a lovely little pool to splash about in..They also have private parking on the side street a most..The staff are very friendly and caring , we have a little daughter had not been there for 6 months between our two visit and they remenber her by name the minute we checked it..Its a home away from home place..a most visit..

Room Tip: we stayed in the first room up the steps , it over look the duval street and as a lovely porch to si...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank fletch305

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I spent 4 nights at Duval Gardens in room 11. The staff was very personable and attentive. The room was very nice and very clean. It had a mini fridge, small amoire and bureau. Not much room other than that but it was adequate for a bedroom and I did not feel confined in any way. Room 11 is on the first floor and they set up the breakfast right outside the window. It didn't bother me because breakfast goes from 8:30 - 10:00 I the air conditioner drowned out any noise on the the days I "slept in" . I didn't spend much time there other than sleeping and using as a place to keep my things. It's on the quieter end of Duval and is about a 15 - 20 minute walk to the other end where Sloppy Joe's is. Southernmost point is just down the street. I would definitely stay at Duval Gardens again for the location and charm.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott_PWM
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at Duval Gardens. First impression was great...nice very well maintained property, friendly and informative innkeepers/staff, room was immaculate and charming, location was great.. Walking distance or short moped ride to everything, fresh breakfast foods & coffee every morning on the comfortable porch. All around great place to stay and rate was very reasonable. We would definitely stay at Duval Gardens again.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Parking. I asked the front desk where I could park, since there is only 5 allotted spaces for this B & B ( not enough parking to accommodate all guests )
I was told, " drive down near the southern most point and you can park in that parking lot ". This is exactly what I was told, so we drove down Duval
street and when we saw the sign indicating southern most point was near, we saw a large parking lot and parked. Next morning I went to get my car, only to find the tire ( wheel ) had been booted. I had to pay a $40.00 fine for parking in this parking lot. I returned to the Duval B & B front desk to
inquire about this issue, and this tall, lanky, woman with an British sounding accent, immediately began accusing me of lying. She insisted I was
Told the name of the " correct " parking lot, that I was given a map, along with directions of how to get to this correct lot. She was, in fact lying! NO one provided me with any of those things. This lanky woman continued to argue with me about this, continually, insisting I was given all that information.
She was the one lying! As I told her, this is not about the $40.00 fine ; it is the principle of the event. All she would have had to say to me, was, sir,
my apologies for the mis-understanding; instead, she had a nasty attitude, and insisted I was lying. I asked for her name and she refused to give it.
I asked for the owner's name, and she refused to give it. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, customer service. An unfortunate event. SHAME on
this B & B for such horrible customer service. I really and truly was not upset about the booting of my tire or the $40.00 fine. How this mean-spirited individual handled ( mis-handled ) this event, is the only issue. I would NEVER stay in this un-friendly place again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank C1aaa
Reviewed October 23, 2013

The rooms are not huge, but they are fine as bedrooms. Your living room is the front porch. The bedrooms are well appointed and very clean, and the bathrooms are modern and large. The front porch has a great view of Duval Street, and is a very nice place to sit around and chat with your neighbors or to launch an expedition to restaurants in any direction. The breakfast was always more than could be eaten, and consisted of various cut fruits, breads, cereals, juice, coffee, boiled (and peeled) eggs, cake, yogurt, etc. It was a very pleasant stay, and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Some of the upstairs rooms have their own balcony and a great view of Duval Street, which is the mai...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect. It's on the main street but at the quieter end with restaurants in walking distance and bars not far away either. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Swimming pool is small but not many people seem to use it so easy to have a swim. Bedroom was quite small but comfortable with a nice shower room. The only bad thing is the air con was quite noisy but this is something I noticed in several hotels in Florida. If you are in the bedroom next to the pool you can hear the machines overnight but on the second night we stayed there the staff were happy to turn the noisy machine off for us. Would be very happy to stay there again.
Natalie

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice room with comfortable 4 poster king bed, kitchenette with sink/oven/range/mini fridge, clean bathroom. Interior felt like a master suite in a plantation style home. A/C kept cool air circulating throughout the room... I liked that it wasn't noisy and nothing drew my attention to it. Complimentary breakfast included with our stay. Free wifi, but only on the main porch... this was a little inconvenient. Onsite parking is very limited. Friendly staff. Small pool to the side of the house which appeared clean and cozy, though we didn't have time for a swim. Beautiful property, in-town location just slightly off the main beat. I think the cost was right at or above the value-received threshold.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple