“The BEST in Key West for Kayak Fishing!”

Kayak Kings Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want to get off the beaten path then us for one of our AMAZING tours. From our mangrove maze tour to a full day of exploring our back country, we go where no one else does. We are eager to share our playground with you and show you the many wonders of our awesome ecosystem. We warmly welcome walk-ups. Cheers!
Woodbury, New Jersey
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The BEST in Key West for Kayak Fishing!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our first time kayak fishing. We had a great time, caught fish and had a fabulous fish dinner that night thanks to our guide, AJ. Our group of 4 caught 3 varieties of sharks up to 3 ft., 2 keeper red snapper, 3 keeper mutton snapper, yellowtail snapper, white grunt & even a small bar jack. Truly the highlight of our vacation. We are ready for the really big fish on the reef now that we've got our 1st kayak fishing trip under our belts. Thanks again to AJ for sharing your knowledge and spending the day with us. Loved it & loved AJ!!!!!! Highly recommend Kayak Kings to anyone who wants to try kayak fishing.

Visited October 2013

Wilmington, Delaware
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Do not miss Kayak Kings”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I thought I had already posted this when I was in KW (!#@@# smartphone). Kayak Kings was the highlight of our last trip to KW. We had done Kayak tours in the past but this year we decided to do something different. Planned for Kayaking, snorkeling and fishing and had an excellent time. The kayaking was great and we ended up at one of the most beautiful beaches we had ever seen. I can't vouch for the snorkelling as they set me up in a kayak to fish but my wife and the other couple on the tour that day had a great time snorkelling. The highlight of the tour though was the crew. Instead of just being customers it was like 3 of our best friends took us out for a day on the boat. Great stories, learned a ton about KW that we didn't know, just had an outstanding time. Can't recommend this trip enough and we will definitely be going again on our next trip!

Visited April 2013
Bristol, Vermont
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mangrove Moonlit Magic”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The best thing my husband and I did in Key West during our honeymoon (and we did a lot of amazing things) was a moonlit kayaking tour through the mangroves. Our guide was friendly, knowledgeable, and laid back. He showed us a queen conch (literally jumped off his kayak to get it), starfish, crab, lobsters, an osprey, a glowing worm, and lots of other creatures. My husband saw the head of sea turtle in the channel, it was amazing. We were the only ones on the tour and not experienced kayakers, but we felt completely comfortable. We started just before sunset and returned around 10pm. It was incredibly peaceful and relaxing being in the mangroves at night. I wish we had found these guys in the beginning of our trip because we definitely would have taken another adventure. I highly recommend the Kayak Kings and the moonlight tour if your lucky enough to be in Key West around full moon.

1 Thank JennyLynn2013
Columbus, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“They made it happen!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The wife and I along with my 2 daughters went to for a lil kayaking and upon our arrival we noticed they was packing up. They said they had a big trip that they was getting ready for. At first I thought we was outa luck but the boss man(cant remember his name) made a call and got a reserve to come down and give us a tour through the man groove maze. I thought it was cool that they made it happen and the reserve they called was an older guy but was super knowledgeable and very helpul. For example my wife was with my youngest daughter who is 9 because thats who she wanted to ride with, and I was with my 12 year old daughter. Lets just say that my 9 year old didnt provide much help to my wife who began to tire quickly. Not a problem, the guide hoped outa his kayak and gave my wife his single and hoped in with my daughter for the rest of the trip!!! Thats making it happen! Also when the trip concluded, the guide sat down with us and wrote down a list of things to do that was less strenuous(for the wife) and less expensive (for me). He also gave us a few recommendations on some places to eat. It too was very good!!!I recommend these guys to anyone!!!!

1 Thank SiscoJuan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Mangrove maze and private snorkel tour”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The guys at kayak Kings are very informative and down to earth. We went out with them two days in a row.

The first day we went on a mangrove maze kayak tour with Ben and captain fritter. Fritter was very informative of the salt ponds and the biological features of the "mangrove nurseries." I was in the back most of the trip with Ben and we were talking the whole time about the island and then groves themselves. It is pretty cool knowing that one wrong turn and you can literally get lost in the maze.

The next day AJ took my group and I on a private tour out to the reef to go snorkeling. Even though he has only been living in key west for a few years he knows the island and its surroundings very well. During the snorkeling we saw nearly every Atlantic sea creature possible all the way from colorful fish and coral, to reef sharks and sea turtles.

In all, both trips were very fun and interesting days. I would definitely recommend the kayak kings for any ocean adventure you plan to take down in key west A+ for all three of them and the knowledge they carry. Thank you kayak kings!

2 Thank Nickloya77