“Horrible communication”

Kayak Kings Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want to get off the beaten path then us for one of our AMAZING tours. From our mangrove maze tour to a full day of exploring our back country, we go where no one else does. We are eager to share our playground with you and show you the many wonders of our awesome ecosystem. We warmly welcome walk-ups. Cheers!
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I called this guy to book an appointment and he said he had a spot open the next day open at 10am. Then once he realized it was only a group of 2 people he said let me call you back in 10 mins so I can try and make arrangements. Well, he never called back so 1 hour later I called back and he says oh I don't quite remember you my phones been ringing off hook all day.Then says well I have an appointment scheduled for all day tomorrow and Im trying to work you in but I am not sure. To make a long story short he blew my fiancé and I off because it was not a large group. I would not ever recommend this guy! This was a major let down after seeing other reviews.

KayakKingsKeyWest, Owner at Kayak Kings Key West, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Kayak Kings of Key West specializes in private tours and would never "blow you off" because you were "not a large group". As all of our other reviewers suggest, your group, regardless of size, will be shown the best hospitality in Key West. Call and find out for yourself, Let's Go Paddling!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My wife and I went on the Boca Grande trip with AJ and his crew and we were treated like "old friends". AJ is a class act who keeps the mood light and is very knowledgeable about the surrounding habitat. I just can't say enough good things about AJ and his crew! First stop on our trip was the shipwreck. We snorkeled around and saw snapper, parrot fish, goliath grouper, rays and many other fish. Once comfortable with the wreck Chris taught us how to shoot the speargun and back in the water to hunt we went. AJ was the only one to bag a fish on this trip but it was a lot of fun to learn to spear. Next stop was the beautiful island of Boca Grande. Crystal clear water and powder white sand, amazing! Drive up on the beach, hop out, play in the water and then lunch is served. We sat on our SUP's and ate our lunch in the water, island style. After lunch we went in kayak's and sup's on a tour around the island, we saw a nurse shark and what appeared to be a bonefish. What a great experience! This is the tour to take if you want to see the real beauty of the keys. Well done AJ and Crew!

1  Thank Barrett H
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Went out fishing with Aj on 5/9/13 and we caught some barracuda. Aj was a pleasure to fish with and to talk to while out on the water. He knows the area well and can show you a good time.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went on a mangrove kayak tour with Kayak Kings and absolutely loved it. They're a relatively small local business who truly cares about their customers. They have a very friendly and laid back attitude and our guide, Chris, made sure to point out all sorts of interesting creatures along the way. He was very knowledgeable and respectful of the ecosystem. It's easy to see tht these guys all truly love what they do and that attitude is very contagious. If you want a smaller, more interactive trip with one-on-one attention then this is the company for you! We saw starfish, Cassiopeia jellies, crabs, barracudas, some grey anemones, conchs, nudibranch, great white heron, green heron, and tons of pelicans. I highly recommend these guys for any of their tours. We will definitely be going on another one before we leave Key West!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We went on the grounds of it being the most affordable way to go fishing in Key West but we came out way ahead. Being on Kayaks in the Cow Key Marina afforded us the opportunity to see the mangroves, we didn't go thru them but paddling next to them I got to see some starfish! You can't see that from a boat in deep water!
Our guide Chris was great. He went above and beyond on our particular trip with him. Professional, friendly and he put us on the fish! We caught grunt snapper and barracuda. SO FUN! The snapper and grunt made for great eats from the grill back at our B&B.
Thank You A.J. for setting us up with Chris that day we had the best time!