“Getting real close in a kayak”

Kayak Kings Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want to get off the beaten path then us for one of our AMAZING tours. From our mangrove maze tour to a full day of exploring our back country, we go where no one else does. We are eager to share our playground with you and show you the many wonders of our awesome ecosystem. We warmly welcome walk-ups. Cheers!
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Three kayaks and our leader, Chris, from Kayak Kings. Our adult son was outfront and having a blast, we older folk (71, 62) took a bit longer to get the hang of it with super encouragement and support from Chris. Off we went out into the channel and then along and through a mangrove hammock; deep into the hammock. And what an eco-tour! Chris was super knowledgable in the most easy-going way. He knew about the mangroves, the birds, the fish, the other marine life, and the whole ebb and flow of the national preserve.

It was a great two plus hours of modest exercise and intensive observation. Boats are good, seat backs and preservers in top shape, oars in excellent condition. A definite TO Do in Key West with the Kayak Kings.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We did the sunset and FULL MOON adventure and it was awesome...AJ handled all our questions and we felt very comfortable . We were all beginners and after 10 minutes, we no longer felt beginners! The photos we took will last a lifetime and look forward to doing this again!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

What a great time for rookies in a Kayak. AJ does a great job touring you through spots we would not try. My wife was recovering from a broken arm and was going to stay back but AJ put her in his kayak and she was glad he did. We had 10 in our group and everyone would put it as a highlight to our week in the Keys area. AJ you can't say enough about...he provided an excellent tour and you get to know each other personally as you move along. I encourage you to look him up if you are wanting a kayak experience. Whether you are a pro or beginner I believe you will enjoy the experience.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had the best time kayaking through the mangroves to open salt water ponds, Chris and Liza, our guides were tons of fun. They knew so much about the local critters in and out of the water, as well as the fauna all around us. We came upon one of the largest iguanas I have ever seen, sunning himself in the mangroves. We had so much fun on our early tour we signed up for the moonlight tour, It was an awesome experience to be the only people out in the bay with the full moon. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I can't wait til we return to Key West and get in on the fishing and snorkling tour. Thanks Chris and Liza, loved our time kayaking trips!!!! Bob and Lynn

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Choose this company due to the rave reviews and I was not disappointed. Our guides (I believe they were Liza & Chris - sorry if I have the names wrong!) were great. They pointed out many things along the way. One in the front and one brought up the rear to insure everyone was safe - there were only 3 of us and I have kayaked many times but it was nice to have the assurance that we were covered on both sides and no one would be 'left behind'. We saw iguanas, eagles, a lot of different fish, horse shoe crabs, anemonie (sp?), sponges, and an Octopus! Our guides were great at spotting out different things and definitely gave us time to float, relax, and explore a bit...we were never rushed. The mangroves are phenomenal. Loved our tour and absolutely adored our guides! I even got some kayaking types for the next time I'm in the ocean!!