“Best Key West Kayaking!”

Kayak Kings of Key West
More attraction details
Owner description: If you want to get off the beaten path then us for one of our AMAZING tours. From our mangrove maze tour to a full day of exploring our back country, we go where no one else does. We are eager to share our playground with you and show you the many wonders of our awesome ecosystem. We warmly welcome walk-ups. Cheers!
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you want to kayak in Key West this is the place to do it! There's so many cool places to go and an its very laid back. Highly Recommended.

All reviews
"nurse sharks"
"small group"
"sea cucumbers"

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was such an enjoyable trip! I met A.J. at Cow Key Marina. Others hitched a ride with him in the large passenger van....so he can pick you up if need be. His associate, Stacie was there to assist in getting us tourists squared away with our kayaks, things into dry bags, etc.. We launched in a matter of minutes and right away saw a school of parrot fish! We went across a small channel and down a quiet canal, paddling easily as we enjoyed bird and fish watching. Soon, it was time to turn off into the mangrove maze. I remembering saying "NO WAY!" as we turned in. I was about to enter an interesting new world that I had never experienced before. The way the light shined through the branches and the mystique of the setting made me feel like any minute I'd see a mermaid pop her head up! I'm a nature nut...plain and simple. It was quiet and I liked that. It was great to escape the hustle and bustle of downtown Key West for awhile....a place like this is where you go to decompress and lower your blood pressure. A few times I had to lie flat in the kayak to escape the mangrove tangle, but that made the trip interesting. It was so beautiful and serene. A.J. the owner of the company would share bits and pieces of information about plants, animals and sea life. So, I learned some new stuff on this trip as well. A.J. even found us a horseshoe crab in a shallow area and a few of us took some photos. I would highly suggest this relaxing wonderful trip to anyone! Thanks a million A.J. and Stacie! :o)

Reviewed June 14, 2012

We were on a cruise that was only docked for a few hours. The first person we talked to about an excursion said everything was at least 4 hours. Then we found AJ at Kayak Kings. He was friendly and accomodating. He agreed to take us out just an hour after we booked even though there was only two of us so we could get back to the ship on time. He took us on a 2 hour (maybe 2.5) kayak/snorkeling trip. He was obviously really familiar with Key West and was able to give us lots of great information and answer all sorts of questions. He was really nice and fun to spend the day with. For the whole thing he only charged $40 which was WAY cheaper than ANYTHING else we looked at (and we're poor graduate students so that was great). When we got back he even tried to undercharge us (but we paid full price plus tip because it was so enjoyable!). If you're looking for a shorter (although I'm sure he does longer trips too), fun, affordable day trip in Key West, AJ is the guy to see.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Had such a great time with AJ. Exceeded all my expectations. I did not want to stop kayaking, snorkeling, and beach combing. We were all very grateful we were able to find him!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2012

It can be quite overwhelming for a tourist in Key West to choose from so many options, however you can't go wrong with Kayak Kings. This is a land based tour with a couple of options including a guided kayak tour of the mangrove forest or a guided kayak/snorkel of the KW harbor and the historic Wisteria shipwreck. Your guide, A.J. has worked on several charter boats in Key West and has also worked as a kayak guide in Alaska. He is enthusiastic and knows how to provide safe kayaking from beginner to advanced. He can identify all of the animals and birds you might encounter on your tour as well as provide historic anecdotes about Key West and recommend places to eat and drink. If you are on a budget or don't have time to schedule a snorkeling or ecotour trip on a boat, this is the trip for you. You will get a couple hours of personalized attention and not spend an "arm and a leg." I enjoyed kayaking with A.J. and I know you will too!

2  Thank Wendy B