“amazing place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Island House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Island House
Vancouver, Canada
“amazing place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

before we went I was a little bit reluctant because I thought it might be "too gay". But I have to say it is a beautiful place. Very nice crowd. Nice rooms (some are very small though). nice pool are, nice bar, very friendly staff. and even the "other facilities" are quite nice

2 Thank gelegentlich

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

My partner and two friends of ours recently spent a long weekend at the Island House. It was an amazing weekend. Our room, a King Room on the second floor overlooking the pool was beautifully appointed and the bed was very comfortable. The grounds were very well maintained and the staff, especially Kaleb and Ralph catered to your every need and made you feel like you were part of the family. There were many moments that we decided to stay at Island House rather than even venturing out because we were so comfortable there. We also enjoyed the fact that the food and drink poolside were very good.

The only downside we had is that none of us are smokers and smoking was allowed around the pool. This was especially bad on Sunday afternoon, and people were literally smoking in the pool and all around the pool. I would recommend a smoking area on the sun deck or somewhere farther away from the pool.

3 Thank mshura
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Such a good fun place. The happy hour is great for meeting people, the lush gardens great weather swimming pool hot tubs sun deck and even a fun room! Friendly people and all in all a great couple of days.. Clothing optional was a new thing for me and great fun.. I WILL be back...

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank James J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I recently stayed at Island House for 5 nights and upon arrival home immediately booked 10 nights for January, 2014. The facilities at Island House are extremely well maintained, housekeeping is immaculate and most importantly, the staff, from front desk, to bar/cafe were welcoming, friendly, helpful and willing to assist me in any way to make my stay enjoyable. I've never been to a resort before where the staff, while highly competent and professional, took a genuine interest in me. I felt like i was with a group of close friends more than just a guest. I liked this feeling. The bar/cafe/pool area is the social hub of the Island House. I sampled breakfasts, lunches and dinners. All were excellent, well priced and generous. Drinks are amazing and don't miss the 5:30-7:00 pm happy hour. Very social. In addition to the regular happenings, Island House sponsors many parties such as Sunday pool party, The White Party, Registration Party for Bone island...which brings in a mix of locals as well as guests. Again, very social and fun. I cannot speak highly enough about the Island House and can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are around the outdoor jacuzzi. More festive rooms can be found adjacent to the pool...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Johnbrady52
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

My partner and I have been there often. We have been very busy and have not been in awhile. We had a chance to go down for Sunday nite and was not disappointed. We live in Miami Beach and enjoy the drive down. We hope to get there more often. The staff is Great. We wanted to stay for the White party but had to get back home for work. Next time we plan to stay much longer. Thanks again Island House for another Great visit. We always feel at home there and look forward to going back :-)

3 Thank LatinoGringo
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here more times that I can remember. Consistently great quality. Always looking at ways to improve. Staff are the BEST. Food/drink are always top standard. Rooms are spotless and very well appointed. Very popular, so book early. Facilities are great. Always have a blast here. Can't wait for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank adam1966
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I just spent 4 days and 5 nights there, went down for my 50th birthday. The staff as very polite and helpful, the house boy cleaned my room every day rather it needed it or not.
The pool area is great and my room was right next to the hot tub so had a great view at night.
The two draw backs, there was 6 pillows on my bed and all but two (more like cusions) were flat as heck, even with all of them piled up they still barely supported my neck at night,
Secondly, I went alone and hardly anyone spoke to me, all were in their couples or groups. like I said the staff was great but the other guests where like school boys, if they didn't know you they did talk to you.
So if your going bring your own pillows and take someone with you.

Room Tip: bring a good pair of walking shoes and flip flops for at the resort. I never did find the free ones...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo