“Great, but.....”

Alexander's Gay and Lesbian Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was the second time I have stayed there, but first by myself. Last time in room 10, this time in room 9. I love this place - let me say that first. But I have to tell you that if your thinking about staying here by yourself and you can choose between room 3 and 8 or 9. Choose room 3. I found room 9 to be much to short for my height (6 ft.) I found myself hunched over the whole time walking around the room so I wouldn't bump my head all the time. The semi private deck is nice, but I never used it. OK now that the bad is over lets talk about the good. Mike and Elies are a nice fit. Laura and Jeff are VERY attentive to any request (thanks for the icedtea). I was sorry to see Charlie leave, but life goes on. Agnes is just great. When I left it was pouring and she walked me outside to catch my cab under an umbrella so I woulden't get wet. Those are the little things that mean so much to me. I've already booked my next trip back in a couple of months for room 10 again. This time with my boyfriend. I can't wait

Room Tip: If your thinking about rooms 3,8,or 9, chose room 3. Room 8 and 9 are way to short in height if your...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Tom K

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Please read all the other reviews because the message is common to all. Alexanders is truly different. It is like having your own place in paradise . Please join the many people who return every year , you will not be disappointed. It is a long way from the UK but it is worth it for the service, atmosphere, the new friends that you will meet and that something special that you will only realise when you are there. We have been at Easter time for the last few years. We shall be there in 2014. Just try it once and you will be an addict.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moby44
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Being quite the creature of habit and after 12 years of frequenting Key West…I always stay at Alexander's. In my opinion, there is NO better accommodation in Key West! …they never fail to meet my expectation for casual island elegance and service.
The staff is spectacular and extremely accommodating of anything that you need and reasonably ask. ...WATCH OUT, MR. CARSON….the staff of Downton Abbey have something to aspire to! 
This is truly a one-of-a-kind property with a warm and enjoyable mix of clientele, both straight and gay. We enjoyed breakfast and coffee by the pool, and cocktails there as well, every day. The guests become a quasi family in that each morning at breakfast or, evening at cocktail hour, everyone shares what they are doing or, did for the day, where they are going for dinner, asking if you have plans and want to go with them. Everyone is so relaxed and friendly, who could ask for more while in Paradise?
Alexander's has been my #1 choice for accommodations. If my favorite room/s are not available, I wait until they are, rather than go to another property and risk being disappointed.
Simply put, there is just not enough good to say about the accommodations, staff and ambiance of this place; it feels as great arriving there for a vacation as it does when arriving at your own home after a long hard day at work.
...truly a gem, nested away in Old Town….HIGHLY recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Another fantastic stay at Alexander's......My partner and I just love it! The staff really know how to do it right. A few new ones Elies and Mike have fit right in like they have been there since day one. And enough can not be said about Jeff's outstanding guest attentiveness. He treats everyone like royalty! We are looking forward to our next visit. Can't wait to see our old friends and to seeing the new ones we made again when we return!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Brian S
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Alexander's is absolutely fantastic. It has beautiful grounds, beautiful rooms, and wonderful, friendly staff!! Jeff is especially helpful and very friendly. Even the housekeepers are very friendly! Everyone makes you feel welcome. I cannot give a high enough review to Alexander's that will really do justice.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Babycakesbutch
Reviewed May 1, 2013

April 22 was the eleventh anniversary for my partner Wil and I. This year, we wanted to make our first trip to Key West. Via Trip Advisor and other internet research, we chose Alexander's. This was one of the best choices in vacations to date; top of the line customer service, comfort and etc. Since returning home, we have praised Alexander's by word of mouth and have recommended to many family and friends. For the record, prior to our flight and visit, we were contacted by Alexander's for any tentative needs or wishes. From check in to check out, this was a refreshing experience that proved customer service is still alive in our world today!!! Cleanliness, comfort, friendliness, affordibility, and one last mention; customer service. This is the top of the choices folks. Jeff and Elise catered to sheer professionalism and exemplified their career choice of hospitatlity; KUDOS to the team!!!

Room Tip: Pool views are superb ...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I came to this wonderful resort as a stranger and departed as an old friend.
Alexander's is not just the best...but the very best. The staff outstanding. The treatment 1st class. The rooms warm and comfortable... alive with that Key west charm.The breakfast was filled with favorites for any palate.The happy hour was an ice breaker to meet new friends and to reacquaint with old ones.The pool area clean and very comfortable. As you can tell I truly love Alexander's. I'm already booked for next year the same time as my new friends so we can have a reunion.If your taking a trip to Key West you need to stay at Alexanders!

Room Tip: 2nd floor guest house suite over looking the pool
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo