“Favorite Place to Stay in Key West”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Alexander's Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Favorite Place to Stay in Key West”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised here. The staff went out of their way to help me feel welcomed, find things to do, and even partied out on Duval Street with me one night. The happy hour is fun and free, and you always end up meeting people from all over - couples, singles, gay, straight. The place is clean, kept up well, the rooms are upscale yet the rates here are reasonable. You are right across the street from the Island House resort if you want to partake in more wilder times or have lunch/dinner, but it's always nice to go back to Alexanders where you can truly unwind. Even the continental breakfasts were great. Staying here made this mini vacation for me! You are a 15 minute walk down to tourist trap areas, but it's such a pretty walk down the gorgeous Fleming Street you don't mind it, or you can rent bikes to get around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Steve T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Title says it all. The staff at this quaint key west gem make you feel welcomed from the moment you arrive. Rooms nicely decorated and meticulously clean. Breakfast in the morning and afternoon cocktails are an added amenity to your stay. Once there, you'll quickly get to k now the staff as they will make themselves available to you 24/7. Delightful experience.

Room Tip: Call the staff who will personally find the best rates for your stay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We are a hetrosexual couple amd from the time we booked this place up to check out, it was definately highlight of our vacation. Not only did we feel so comfortable in this guesthouse, we also made friends along the way, and were treated like royalty by the staff. Seriously, the staff couldn't have done more to make our stay so special (even fixed our safe). We stayed up at the top, but the room was luxurious, bed comfortable, shower fantastic, the whole guest house was oozing with charm and character. The free cocktail welcome happy hour is a great way for meeting fellow guests (if you wish) or just enough to enjoy the bar tenders pinacoladas. The pool was refreshing and jaquzzi relaxing. Breakfasts were varied and delicious. We tipped the cleaning staff heathily as they ensured our rooms were ALWAYS clean and freshly made. Seriously, considering some luxury hotels we stayed at this easily beats them, but I find this is down to the dedication of the staff and the environment they create in this lovely guesthouse. We will certainly return one day...

4 Thank StephanLisa
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I are a heterosexual couple and we planned a vacation to stay at Alexander's because the reviews were so great. A couple phone calls indeed backed up the reviews but the stay won over our hearts! From the very instance that we walked through the front doors, tired from a forever drive from Miami, ek!, to the sad time of checkout, we were treated like extended, close family! (My eyes teared up at checkout) My bf and I commented one night in the jacuzzi how we felt like we were guests at our friends' house that have an awesome taste for decor and unbeatable personalities! It is so amazing when the employees AND guests can compliment each other so well and make you part of a new family. For anyone visiting Key West, you must must stay at Alexander's. I promise you wont be disappointed!
Jeff is an angel's voice. Charlie is THE definition of fierceness! Agnes is the sweetest beauty of the bunch. Y Dios Mio Raul, how much we love you! This is my Tropical Storm Isaac family! <3 Love you all!

Room Tip: If you want more space, I'd pay $10 more and upgrade from the Studio, they're nice but more...
3 Thank LAs_Best
Tennessee
Reviewed September 25, 2012

You just have to experience this delightful place for yourself. My boyfriend and I spent a week at Alexander's...and we are already making plans to go back. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. From the time I made the reservation (Agnese), to the multiple emails I sent requesting info about everything from massages to bicycles, to the impeccable concierge services (Jeff and Agnese), the yummy breakfasts (Charlie), and the afternoon martinis and margaritas (Aimee)...nothing is overlooked or ignored. We stayed in Room 14- first floor directly behind the hot tub. We loved the decor and the bed! Very clean, very comfortable...great respite from the Key West heat. It was our oasis after many nights out and about. (My favorite room was Room 10 and the apartment was beautiful as well). The staff was very friendly and always extremely helpful and willing to stop whatever they were doing to answer a quick question or just make conversation. We loved that Alexander's is close enough to the Boardwalk and Duval to be just minutes away, but far enough to enjoy the quiet (and the nightly bike ride back :) ). We were asked several times by others why we chose Alexander's (as a straight couple), and my response was and still is the same...we love the best. The atmosphere of acceptance, love, and friendship is refreshing...and we plan to meet up with several of the folks we met during our stay. Perfect.

5 Thank L O
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We loved the location, the pool area, and the comfortable friendly atmosphere at this guesthouse. I would stay in any of the guest rooms. The beds were very comfortable and the room was well appointed. The daily breakfast was a great bonus and I especially liked the daily Happy Hour that Charlie hosted. Happy hour consisted of good drinks and a fun time to meet fellow guests. The best part of the stay was how exceptional the entire staff team was. We liked the guesthouse so much we booked our next stay before we left.

2 Thank jalexand333
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My partner and I spent one week at Alexander's, as we were celebrating his 50th birthday in Key West. This place is AMAZING and run by angels! Jeff, Charlie, Aimee, Laura and Agnes are some of the sweetest individuals you'll ever meet. The rooms are beautifully decorated and exceptionally clean. Every staff recommendation for a restaurant, night club, historical site, etc., was SPOT ON! This is THE ONLY place we will stay in the Florida Keys.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends