“Best Place to stay in Key West! Great location,great staff and great rooms!”
Review of La Te Da Hotel

La Te Da Hotel
Ranked #26 of 51 Hotels in Key West
NewYork,NY
“Best Place to stay in Key West! Great location,great staff and great rooms!”
Reviewed March 21, 2010

This was an absolute steal! We were showed up to our room (#20) and were informed that breakfast was included with our stay. When we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised at the simplicity but comfort of it. The room was spacious and it even had a small veranda. The staff was always friendly and breakfast was delicious.
The hotel is at the opposite end of the bustle of Duval Street. It was a great opportunity to walk or bike and see all of Duval. Walking through the other end of Duval I couldn't help to think how hard it would be to try to get some sleep with all the noise. It was great to be able to leave the noise behind after a great night out. The beds are comfortable and going downstairs for breakfast was always a treat.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cy0079

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Key West, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2010

We stayed for a brief visit - four days. The layout of the hotel is super. The staff was very friendly, the Sunday T-dance a lot of fun. This is the kind of place I would want to buy and run if I was to move to Key West. Breakfast was good, dinner was okay - the only weakness.

It was easily accessible to all the Duval Street goings-on, but mercifully a few steps away from the worst of the noisy madness that would make a more central hotel a bad choice. I have stayed in a more "upscale" hotel in Key West (and paid a lot more too) but here you get the benefit of meeting friendly staff.

Rooms are not brand spanking new and I wouldn't want them to be. But, I do wish there was a wall-safe in the room. Wireless internet, while free, was not reliable.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
milwaukee, wi
Reviewed February 13, 2010

This was my first time going to Key West, and this hotel was recommended by a coworker - it did not disappoint! In fact it was great! The rooms were nice - not fancy, slightly different with not actually having a door to the bathroom (there was one for where the toilet was at least) and a full wall mirror next to the tub! But it had adequate counter space for 3 ladies hair products makeup etc, the room itself was kept very clean by the housekeeping staff, had a nice deck outside that overlooked the pool, it was just very nice overall (we stayed in one of the "luxury" rooms). Only complaint for the room was that there was no iron (with my horrible packing, I only had a few clothes to wear that weren't completely wrinkled!), however my guess is that if we asked the front desk, they probably would have provided one (we just didn't bother). The hotel itself is really cute - you have two bars - one is outside which is really nice, there is a restaurant, a theater, a pool, and the location is perfect. It was really nice being on the "quieter" side of Duval - the pier end is kind of a madhouse (and the hotel is only a 2 minute cab ride or 10 minute walk from there anyways) so it was nice to come back to a relaxed atmosphere. The bartenders are really nice and fun at the hotel, the guy who checked us is was really nice (helped me get my extremely heavy overpacked bag up the steps to the room!) and the hotel has a "gay tea party" on Sundays which was a lot of fun and A LOT of people were there! By the way - it does not seem to be strictly a "gay" hotel - there were lots of couples there/groups of people (I went w/ my mom, sister and husband - we all loved the place)All of this and the price was really really reasonable! I mean when we were trying to find hotels originally (before the recommendation) we were suprised by how pricey the other hotel prices were! Overall, Key West was fun, a bit exhausting (bars don't close until 4 or 5am which definately added to the exhaustion) so I don't know if I'll be going back anytime soon, but I'd definately recommend this hotel to anyone who would be going down there! (I've attached some pictures, however the only ones I have are from the outside of room, I didn't take pictures of the actual room or restaurant/bar)

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank ktsweets
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2010

This was a very nice hotel. Stayed with my wife on our first time to Key West. Room was plesant and clean. The hotel is located on the south end of Duval St. and walking is a must if you want to hit the action. The nice part is that when you want to leave the action you are still on Duvall street. We loved the room except for no coffee maker and windows are old and cracked. The breakfast that is included in room price is top notch as is all their food and drinks, We will stay again, great staff, great atmosphere. Thanks for the memories. Peace

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bigceiling
Seattle USA
Reviewed January 15, 2010

This is a cute and unique small hotel and the friendly staff really sets them apart. The rooms are somewhat basic but comfortable, the pool is heated, the complementary breakfast generous and the cabaret show is wonderful! I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FussyCosmo
Florida
Reviewed August 1, 2009

stayed at LaTeDa for a vacation in July, service was excellent, staff was very friendly, great breakfast included with room, would recommend restaurant, place has lots of character and is located on the south side of Duval Street, not as noisy as the north side, had fun at the Cabaret, rooms need some TLC, bldg. is over 100 years old so we didn't expect an immaculate room but furniture was old and headboard was crumbling, beware if you are a nonsmoker - all rooms are smoking and cigar smoking is big here, room did not smell, but cigar and cigarette smoking is big at pool and bar area

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LimeyFlorida
Sittard, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 26, 2009

We had a great time in this hotel. Came in late at night, had a great welcome from Mark, the bartender, who helped us to our room, but first we got a welcome drink from the house!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple