“Relaxing Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 48 Hotels in Key West
Raleigh
“Relaxing Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night stay at the La Te Da Hotel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Some of the furnishing could be upgraded (CRT TV) and the wireless was non-existent but these are minor quibbles (who watches TV in Key West anyway). The daily breakfast was delicious. We also enjoyed the piano bar and hanging out at the bar and pool. I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bernsie01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with a large group of friends (14 of us) in August. The staff was so helpful and friendly, the rooms were older (as most hotels in Key West) but were clean and good sized. I loved the orientation of the rooms, as each one had quick access to the pool which is centrally located. Each room has its own sitting area right outside the room. Complimentary breakfast at the outdoor restaurant was delicious!! Great location (on the "mile marker 0" side of Duval), and just a 15 minute walk to Mallory Square. We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I think upgrading to the "deluxe" room was worth it. A little bit larger and better access...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Planekate88
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed here Dec 2012 with a friend. There are definitely better places and better values in Key West. The best thing is the location- the quieter end of Duval. But there is still noise right outside your room due to the bar, and people going by to their rooms. There are also lots of stairs for the upper rooms. Our room had French doors for the entrance, but the curtains were pretty see-through, I didn't like that as passers-by could see the bed. The bathroom was also odd, although remodeled recently, it felt very cold and institutional; maybe it was the lighting. Whatever, it made me uncomfortable, whereas most hotels I've stayed in (even cheaper ones) have felt much nicer. I wouldn't stay here again, other places even in worse locations would be better overall.

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't have the entrance looking at the bed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just love this hotel. Far from ordinary and there is just a carefree feeling entering this charming place. I have stayed in Key West many times but this place is my favorite. Delightful food. Friendly staff that went out of their way to accommodate. We came right before a Hurricane hit and had to cut our trip short. The staff allowed us to stay in our room until we were ready to depart in the storm and did not charge us for the night we did not stay. I believe most hotels would have charged. My husband and I will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Marci T
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

The La Te Da restaurant and bar wasn't bustling like I had seen in the past during my other stays in Key West (probably because of the time of year), but that was one of the reasons I thought it would be fun to stay there. That's not really a problem since there's no lack of either restaurants or bars down there! About the hotel itself...it is an older building but was clean. What was awkward is that there are two rooms (mine being one of them) that open right into the restaurant (which is outdoor with under-cover seating). So literally you could be in your bathing suit walking right past someone's table while they're eating a nice meal. The nice thing is that the room price includes a choice of breakfast items to choose from: eggs/meat/potatoes, french toast, fruit and yogurt. It also includes juice and coffee. Really good deal. Breakfast was very good. However, during one breakfast there was a black hair in the salt (they bring that in an open container on the side), so that was the last time we ate there. We had one dinner there. Portions were generous. I thought the drinks at the bar were pricey (common down there, but really, 2 gin and tonics for $19 + tip?). Both of the drag cabaret performers were on vacation, so no shows were on the schedule. The show I saw in the past was a lot of fun, so check that out if you go to Key West. The hotel is closer to the quiet end of Duval. We walked everywhere, so we got a lot of exercise. Bring comfortable shoes if you plan on going to the other end of Duval every day. The gentleman at the hotel check-in (Eric, I think) was very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't open into the restaurant
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank terieisenhardt
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This little gem is a must-stay for anyone who appreciates old world charm. It's casual, breezy character provides the backdrop for relaxation, but Dave Bootle at the piano bar and the Tea Dance offered some great entertainment. My accommodations in room #32 were spacious, clean, and comfortable. The hotel is in need of some TLC, but I loved it's charm. Thank you LJ (general mgr), Eric, Chris and Daniel (concierge) for your hospitality and generosity during my visit. It was my pleasure to meet you all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

The hotel itself is average at best, nothing really to rave about. It is located on the quiet end of Duval street about 2 blocks away from the ocean and a small beach. The pool is really unusable, they should just get rid of it and use it for more restaurant seating. The employees, the bar and the food make up for the lackluster hotel. Free breakfast was really good. You only have a choice of four items listed on a card they give you. The bar is a great place to just chill out and people watch. Jason the bartender is a true professional. Look for him in the evening time. Dinner was really good also, check out the daily specials. Overall it was a nice stay, my only recommendation is that they do some remodeling to spruce up the place a bit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo