“Great Fishing!!”

High Stakes Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Treat yourself to a one of a kind fishing experience in Key West Florida. High Stakes Charters offers a 53' Striker Sportfishing vessel. A/C, twin engines, tournament grade tackle, 2 staterooms, 2 bathrooms, full service galley and a spacious lounge area with leather couches. High Stakes is located at Oceanside Marina which is on the south side of the island. This means we are closer to the fishing grounds allowing you more time fishing the beautiful crystal clear blue water of the Gulf Stream. Our professional crew with 35 years combined fishing experience work extremely hard to catch Blue Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Mahi Mahi, Black fin Tuna, Yellowtail Snapper, Grouper, a vast variety of sharks and much, much more.
Weston, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Fishing!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We came down for an extended Mother's Day weekend. We booked a full day charter on Friday, but had so much fun that we booked an additional half-day sunset trip for Saturday, also. Everything about our experience was amazing. The boat is beautiful and had plenty of room (& shade) for our party of 6. Capt. Jason and his dad, Don, are two of the best guides I've ever met. They are a friendly, knowledgeable, and professional team. They made sure everyone in our mixed group (ages 14-64) was having fun.. We went home with a huge cooler of mahi and yellow tail, perfectly filleted by Don. I'm already planning my next vacation with them!

Visited May 2013
HighStakesCharters, Owner at High Stakes Charters, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. It was our pleasure to spend the day with you guys. I look forward to our next adventure on the open ocean!

Houston, Texas, United States
“You can't go wrong”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was simply one of the best charters that I have ever been on... The boat itself is magnificent but that is no comparison to the staff. Jason and Don were great hosts and even better guides. We pulled in some of the biggest mahi mahi that I ever seen and really mixed up the experience between sharks, sales, amberjack, tuna, etc. I cannot wait to see them again next year!

Jefferson, Pennsylvania
“Sailfish charter”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The boat was really nice. Jason and Don Jonas did everything they could to make our trip successful. They went above and beyond to ensure our comfort and experience. Even though we did not bring in any sailfish we did catch 2 king mackeral. I did manage to bring one to the side of the boat as well but it got off the hook when Don tried to gaff it. Unfortunately I did get seasick part way through our trip but despite that I would still book them again if we ever get back to Key West.

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Day! First Time Fishing the Keys...”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We came down for a wedding and were only able to book a 1/2 day with Capt. Jason and Don (Juan...) Don & Jason are both friendly, extremely knowledgeable and great fishermen, but even better people. High Stakes is a beautiful boat - spacious, clean, with a bathroom (that's a must for the GF) and even has A/C in the stateroom. They put us on fish immediately - the GF literally caught a yellow tail snapper on her first cast... we wound up catching so many fish that we were able to share some with Jason & Don. Our only regret was not having the time to take them up on their offer of going to Hogfish to have a beer with them and enjoy our fish cooked by a "local" spot. The icing on the cake for the day was catching 2 sharks (lemon & nurse) that were both over 200lbs and kicking our arses... I will definitely be back to fish with them again when visiting the area. They deserve 6 stars not 5...

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great day! Great boat! Great crew!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

Capt Jason and Don were great and were able to get us novice fisherman to catch fish. The boat was immaculate! Jason and Don showed us what to do. My sister, who has never held a fishing rod did great. We caught a bunch of yellowtail. Highly recommend anyone else to give High Stakes a call. We will the next time we're in Key West.