“Great hotel!”

Pegasus International Hotel
Ranked #50 of 51 Hotels in Key West
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with some of my friends and we really liked it, the location is just perfect and costumbre service really good, rooms were very clean and also it has a beautiful pool on the second floor. I will stay here for sure on my next vacations!!

• Stayed: September 2013
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thanks for staying with us when you were in Key West! We like for everyone who visits to have a memorable experience, so it's great to hear we hit the mark with you and your friends. The fact that you plan on coming back is just the icing on the cake!

Until next time,

Reviewed September 28, 2013

WE stay with my friends 3 nights in this hotel,we feel very good here the room are very clean, in a word perfect,the staff are very helpful,we have a nice stay.we will return.in this hotel we like it a lot

1  Thank marcrino

Thanks for the stars! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you sharing this with others on TripAdvisor. It means a lot to us and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Take care,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Customer service was not bad. Breakfast was included but area was really small, very uncomfortable to eat. But The Room was not so great. Everything is old and needs renovations! The carpets smell really dirty, and the bed sheets have small holes and some stains. We wake up to bed bugs on our bed and only got half our money back. For the price you pay for the room its ridiculous that they still charge you for parking in their parking zone. Will not stay here EVER again!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank KatG622

Given our commitment to cleanliness, we were truly disappointed to read your review. It was especially disconcerting to hear that you found beg bugs, as this hasn't been an issue for us before. Did you let someone know? Please trust that we will be looking into this immediately.

If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to be in touch with us. It sounds like you have the wrong impression of us and we'd really like to clear the air. Thanks so much for sharing and take care.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My main qualm with this hotel is that the beds were horrible. Not a good night's rest. The beds were concaved. It was the equivalent to a bad sofa bed. There is only one iron for the entire hotel and it needs to be used in a stairwell. It makes no… sense. The only positives with this hotel is that it is affordable and in a good location. Walking distance from the bars on Duval St. Parking at the hotel is $10/day.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

We want your visit to wow you, so it's upsetting that you left with mixed feelings, Natasha. However, your feedback about your bed is extremely helpful, and we'll keep that in mind as we move forward. Still, we want our guests to get a great night's sleep, so don't hesitate to ask if you'd like to try a new room! Thanks again, and let us know if you'd like to discuss this further.

Regards,

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Really a nice place, you are close to almost everything you may need. Rooms are very clean and Housekeepers very sweet. The swimming pool is amazing. Customer Service is excellent in general. I do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask to the front desk. The girls are very nice and kind. They will recomend the best possible f...
1  Thank GSaltos
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thanks for the recommendations! We'd love to have you back next time you need a little sun.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I loved the hotel. The place where is located is simply awesome because its in front of the principal street so you are near everything you may need.
The staff also treated me really well. They are kind and never refused to help me.
I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adrianbarce

We're thrilled that you felt at home with us, Adrian! Thanks for staying with us, and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your next stay even better!

Regards,

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Pros- Location is PERFECT, I will definitely say that. Right on Duval and Southard, in the middle of the strip... The rooms were very comfortable. The rooftop pool and jacuzzi were a nice bonus. Housekeepers were very sweet and plesant.

Cons- We called this hotel right as were got in to town. Over the phone, (on speakerphone, my husband heard her) She quoted me for 2 beds, with 2 nights at $129, 2 nights at $169, No problem. But when I arrive in person? Young girl, with glasses, rudely tells me it's 2 nights at $149, two nights at $189... I said "Wow, you filled up that fast in the last 10 minutes?" she responded with "No, we're empty right now..why?"... I tried to explain to her that i had JUST called and was quoted lower, BY HER- and she flat out told me I was lying. lol. Okay whatever. So I asked if they offered AAA, Military, or AARP discounts, she told me No.. (What kind of hotel doesn't offer ANY of those? Especially when they were "empty" like she said?) As she was about to charge my credit card, she THEN mentions the $10 per night parking fee.. Wait- I just forked out almost a thousand dollars to stay here, and I have to pay for parking on top of that? I overlooked this as well, and decided that because of the location, I would stay anyways and hope for the best.

We checked in to our room, It was comfortable, and smelled very clean.. I kicked off my sandals and one of them went under the bed.. I bent down to retrieve it and under the bed, I saw a plastic bag, with a moldy take out food container spoon in it.. Gross..

It was pretty uneventful until the third day.. Me and my husband went out and only took one key. I decided to go back to the hotel early after losing him in the shopping chaos.... I asked the desk girls for an extra key. (One girl was the same from check in, the second girl was heavier, and didn't speak understandable english AT ALL, and her pants were riding down so low, I could see literally her underwear. Completley Unprofessional.) She asks my room number, I tell her.. Then she looks at me and says "Well where did your other key go?" I explained that my husband had it, and we had become separated while shopping.. she says "Well why did you two become separated??"..

Are you kidding me? What right does anyone have to ask that? How is that any of her business? I was in shock..

I breifly explained it again, and she continued to just stare at me, before finally asking me for my drivers license.. I handed it to her, and she studied it for 2-3 minutes; holding it up to the light, flipping it over and over, Like she thought it was fake or something!!! Finally she said "well I *guess* I can give you another, but we will charge you if you lose ANY of them, so you better make sure to not lose them again".... At this point I'm very offended.. I took the key, walked to the elevator- And as the doors were closing, I heard her say "What a "Bi***) to the other girl who just started to laugh... At checkout, I told her our room and said we would like to check out.. I handed her all four of our keys, and the envelope they came in.. She didn't say one single word to us, counted them all TWICE, and then just sat down in the chair with her arms crossed.. lol. just like that.. Still not saying a word.. I asked her if I could please have a receipt, and she proceded to walk to her computer punch a few buttons, and PLAY ON FACEBOOK while my reciept was printing!!! Handed it to me without a word, then just turned around again. I have NEVER been so disgusted with the personel of a hotel before.

Minor Cons- The poolside bar didn't open for 3 of the 4 days I was there. Continental breakfast was scarce, and dry. Doors at the ends of the hallways facing outside are ALWAYS propped open, so I didn't feel quite as safe as I would have liked. Not to mention it was in the high 90's every day, so the entire hotel was hot and humid, until you got back inside your room.

I would stay again, only because of the location, But coming from someone in the Hospitality Industry for 15+ years, The desk clerks were simply appalling and unprofessional.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sam A
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

First, we must take this opportunity to apologize for the poor attitude you received when interacting with our team. The exchanges you've described are absolutely appalling, Sam, and we're shocked to hear about this. You're right, this is completely unacceptable, and we'll speak to them about it immediately.

That said, we truly appreciate your candor, and we're incredibly grateful that you'd consider staying with us again next time you're in Key West. We're confident that feedback like yours will be of great aid as we work to show all of our guests a five-star visit, so thanks for leaving it. In the meantime, if you'd like to discuss this further, don't hesitate to reach out so we can make this right.

All the best,