All reviewsrooftop poolgreat locationduval stsouthard streetcan't beat the locationstay there againclean roomsfantasy festcontinental breakfast isper nightwalking distance to everythingbars and restaurantsvisit key westsmall poolbagelsactionblock
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I have been to Key West before and stayed further from Duval and now that we found this hotel we will never stay anywhere else. It was the perfect location. We parked our car in their private lot (with security cameras) and never touched it the entire time we were there. We were able to walk to every Key West attraction. It was also very convienient to be able to just stop back at the hotel to swim, relax and cool down. Then we were able to get ready and walk to dinner without the worries of needing to drive afterwards. The rooms were very clean and modern. Not huge rooms or pool but perfectly comfortable for the amount of time we spent in them.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Since a vacation is all about relaxing, we're so happy that you were able to get some well deserved R&R at our place. That's certainly what we aim to do.

We also have to say that we couldn't help but smile when you said that "you will never stay anywhere else." You simply know how to make our day. Rest assured that we'd be more than happy to see you back here as well. Having said all that, I hope that you're already planning your next trip to Key West. You mustn't stay away for too long!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stumbled upon this hotel on a website and booked based off price and was weary at first after seeing pictures and videos on YouTube. After my stay, I highly recommend. Hotel is in excellent location where you can walk to everything and sits right on Duvall. The pool and patio deck were remodeled and very contemporary and cute. The rooms were ok and beds weren't anything great, however, the bathrooms were remodeled and nice but small. I don't book rooms based off comfort and size, I'm on vacation and I don't spend much time in the room anyways, however I've stayed in a hotels from the Ritz Carlton to 19$ motels in Orlando Fl. So with that being said I know quality and decent hotels when I see one. This hotel is great for the price you pay. You can walk from one end of the island to the other with no issues. Good for families, couples, and friends. I highly recommend and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank JonAr7
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you so much for the recommendation! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We're looking forward to your next visit. Our pool and patio are calling your name!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel was good location with entrance just off Duval on Southard. No lobby to speak of. Room was nice w/small fridge and microwave. I was in a room with 2 double beds which were low to the ground as was the dresser. The very small bathroom had a large pedestal sink but no room for toiletries but it served its purpose. Easy access to rooftop pool Very glad pool was unheated since it was so hot outside. The complimentary continental breakfast was minimal: coffee, tea, juices, cereal and some breads. No fruit or yogurt. But then again, I wasn't there to eat breakfast. Staff held our luggage until it was time to leave. Complimentary shuttle to ferry.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thanks for making us a part of your trip! It was a pleasure to make you feel welcome, and to read your kind words. We'll certainly keep your suggestions in mind for the future, but until then, thanks for taking the time to leave them!

Cheers,

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This a middle of the road hotel. Nothing spectacular, but nothing horrible. The location is its selling point. We could look down on Duval Street from our window, even though the entry is not on Duval. The outdoor pool was okay. I did scare one of the other guests when I was sitting at the pool. Their bathroom window was right there....... If you don't want your door opening up to poolside, or have any other hangups as far as room location, ASK when booking. Our room worked out perfect. But they do have an odd setup.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaytonWoman
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Yes, location is definitely key! We understand why some of our guests would be confused by our set up, but we've always found that it was a part of our charm. Still, we're glad you were happy with your room and our location on Duval, and we'd love to welcome you back again. Until then, thanks for your feedback!

Regards,

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I just got back from my August 2013 trip to the Keys. This is my second time staying at the Pegasus. This year I stayed for three nights & like last year, I was not disappointed!! This isn't the Plaza Hotel by any means, but it's a clean place to stay in the absolute PERFECT location!!! The Pegasus is on Duval right next to the Walgreens, which is perfect because you're right on the main drag, but far enough from the bars that you don't hear the noise from your room. Just like last year, we drove down to Key West in a rental car & opted to pay the $10 a day to park the car in Pegasus's lot. This hotel is in such a great location that you won't need your car until its time to leave. Literally everything is within walking distance- Mallory Square, Southern most point, all bars & restaurants, the bight, fort Zachary Taylor state park, souvenir shops, etc!!! The location alone is the reason you shouldn't hesitate to book this hotel!!! There is a rooftop pool that stays open til 10pm, a rooftop bar, & a nice rooftop patio with lots of seating! The Pegasus also has daily complimentary coffee & breakfast in the morning- nothing fancy though, which is fine because while in Key West, you should really check out Blue Heaven for breakfast!!! As I said before, this hotel is definitely worth staying in based on its location alone!! I will be back to visit Key West in the spring of 2014 & will be booking a room at the Pegasus for my time in Key West!!!

I just wish the Pegasus offered some sort of discount for repeat customers...

• Stayed: August 2013
sesingh, Pegasus Management at Pegasus International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

You're right—this location is pretty hard to beat! It sounds like you had a fabulous stay, and we were thrilled to be a part of your vacation. Thank you, and we'll see you again next year! :)

Warm regards,