We spent 4 nights in Pegasus’ room 210, beginning St. Patrick’s Day weekend. We hope to return to Key West soon, and we’ll definitely stay there again. Some of the criticisms I’ve read are valid: Our room wasn’t too small, but it had a king bed that took up most of the room. Breakfast was light (but fresh, sufficient, and available when it was supposed to be). The bathroom (no tub) was cramped, with very limited shelf space and only one small towel rack. We didn’t use the parking service, so we can’t comment on that. Our receipt on check-out was just a credit card slip for the total amount, with no itemization of charges. (I haven’t requested a detailed invoice.) On the plus side, service was excellent, no matter who we talked to. The room was cleaned and towels replaced every day. We heard a little street noise from spring breakers occasionally, but nothing kept us awake. The bed was quite comfortable, and we had plenty of really nice pillows. We only used Internet service in the room, and it never failed. We had a microwave and fridge, everything (A/C, lighting, TV) was in working order, and the water pressure was good. There were no drips, stains, mold/mildew, odors, or signs of wear and tear. The elevator operated quickly, although you hardly need it if you’re just on the second floor. The pool and hot tub were both sparkling clean, and towels were always available. We were picked up promptly from the airport and taken back again when we left Key West. We had an afternoon flight home, and we got an OK to hang out on the pool deck until time to leave. No matter the price, you could not find a better location to see the sights; we didn’t need to rent bikes or scooters, much less a car. We spent a good bit of time at Pegasus, having drinks and/or meals on the deck while we watched the show on Duval Street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pegasus International Hotel is a charming Art Deco hotel located in the heart of Key West. Many activities, popular sites, restaurants, shopping, bars and clubs are within a short walking distance. Thirty newly renovated rooms offer modern comfort such as cable TV, phone with data port, free wireless internet, air conditioning, refrigerators, microwaves, and irons with ironing boards. Also, our rooftop sundeck with a heated outdoor pool and jacuzzi offers views of the bustling Southard and Duval Streets. Spice Lounge is the hotel’s onsite, poolside tapas bar featuring a unique Indian Tapas menu and excellent drink selection. Parking is available for all guests at a flat rate. Shuttles from the airport and ferry are also available upon request. Limited room service is also available from various local restaurants.Activities nearby include diving, snorkeling, fishing, city tours, golf, pirate tours and pub crawls, Dry Tortugas National Park, Fort Jefferson Ferry, The Key West Butterfly & Nature Conservatory, Key West Seaplane Adventures,Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Sloppy Joe’s Bar, Mallory Square, Fort Zachary Taylor Beach, The Hemingway House, bars, nightlife, clubs, shopping, restaurants and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Pegasus International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pegasus International Key West
- Hotel Pegasus International