Garden House
$364
$350
$329
  • Pool
Havana Cabana Key West(Key West)(Great Value!)
$277
$175
Travelocity
Sunset Key Cottages(Key West)
$1,019
$330
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscontinental breakfasthappy hourduval streetsun deckother guestsschooner wharffront porchtraveled to key westperfect locationpool areawalked everywherechecking outold townkwaction
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We were extremely wary after reading some of the reviews of The Garden House, but decided, since we had already booked, to give it a go. We could not have been happier. Our room, the Royal Poinciana, was exactly what we were looking for- clean, cool, quiet and not lacking in Key West charm. This is not the Omni, and it doesn't pretend to be. We loved the pool/ spa and had it to ourselves nightly after our "crawl" back from Duvall. Breakfast was somewhat lacking, but the free happy hour made up for it! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Millie97
Reviewed May 17, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Garden House for an extended weekend and it was just what we needed. The grounds were very private and absolutely darling. Our room was quaint with all the ammenities we could want. We were 1 block off of Duvall St., perfect location to everything. The staff were warm, welcoming, and had a ton of info on anything and everything there is to do in the keys. We would recommend the Garden House to our family, friends, and anyone looking
for a beautiful getaway.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FLTripper
Reviewed September 4, 2006

I was a little worried about staying here after reading the reviews, but it wasn't too bad. I will say that it's not a place I got excited about and intend to stay at again. If I'm looking for something quaint in Old Town, I will try another place. The search will continue for the perfect, little place that you just can't wait to go back to. I must qualify my normal tastes though.... I usually stay at very nice resorts or when staying at smaller places, they are usually highly rated little boutique hotels. I get this perk in my business travel. But traveling alone on my own dime, limits me sometimes.

I do think the breakfast is a joke. If the Garden House is considered a B & B, it shouldn't be. I know some people may think a cup of coffee and a bagel is a "good" breakfast, but most wouldn't. At least have some cut up fruit, yogurt, cereal etc. I was told breakfast went from 8:30 - 10:30. I purposely went out there at 9:30 so that I wouldn't be getting there at the end. But it seemed like the end. All that was left was a couple of bagels. A girl said, "You have to get here early." I didn't respond, but I was thinking, "I'm on vacation. I don't want to race out of my room to get a coffee cake before someone else." I went back to my room empty handed and a little annoyed that I had thought I would get some food. Everyone seems to complain about the breakfast - so why don't the owners improve it? This forum is such a good way for them to get feedback. I'm mystified by why certain things wouldn't improve over time. Oh well.

My room was the Royal Poinciana and it was okay. The bed wasn't all that comfortable and the ceiling fan kept me awake with all it's squeaking. There were some hairs in the shower and the back of the curtain had mildew on it. That's the main reason I wouldn't stay here again. Bathroom cleanliness is #1 for me. The water pressure was good though.

I was also disappointed that no one had "cleaned" the little patio. Everything was covered in leaves and if I had chosen to use it, I would've wanted a broom and something to wipe off the table and chairs. The little space was nice though.

I also liked Gilbert, the cat. She spent some time in my room with me and didn't want to leave. :-)

The $8 bike rental was also very nice. And I enjoyed cooling off in the tiny little pool. But that area seemed a little dirty and run down to me.

This place really has potential. And if you aren't a super fussy traveler, you'd probably be happy here.

When I go back in October for business I'm happy to say I'm staying in a 2 bedroom/2 bath at the Westin right on the waterfront where the cruise ships come in. I think that will suit me a little better.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled solo
2  Thank Reppulc
A TripAdvisor Member
pa
Reviewed June 17, 2006

The room was filthy. The white door and trim were very dirty and the bathroom had alot of hair in it. At happy hours end Connie came down and said times up and took the beer away. Plain out rude.......... I feel they just really didn't want to do the breakfast and happy hour. They were just too stingy. I called a week before to make sure we had an iron and hair dryer in the room. " Oh sure we loan them out so you don't have to pack them". Well on the 2nd day the iron was taken from my room when I was out. Only 1 iron for 12 rooms to share. There were bugs biting me at night. I couldn't wait to get home. Its an awful place to stay in and just too much aggravation. They ruined my vacation. I am still itchy.....................

Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
CLEVELAND,OH
Reviewed June 6, 2006

The place is adequate.The pool area is nice.Only real complaint is the "breakfast" was sub par for the money you pay to stay there. It's a "bed & breakfast" for Gods sake!!

Stayed: September 2005