Avalon Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Wow, what a fantastic Bed and Breakfast. After staying for a few nights at the Atlantis House and being totally blown away, we didn't know what to expect, but we found the Avalon to be a stunning, meticulously cared-for step back in Key West history with amazing amenities and incredible customer service. While a bit pricey, it was worth every penny, just from the perspective of being so close to everything and right on Duval Street. We loved ambiance and breakfasts served on the deck. House keeping was fantastic and the entire experience harkened back to a finer and refined era. We loved it and hope to stay here again. We throughly recommend the Avalon to anyone wanting a to immerse themselves in everything Key West has to offer. Thank you!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Christopher B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed January 31, 2014

this is a warm and welcoming spot at the quiet end of duval street. it is near the sourthernmost motel (which actually wraps around the b&b). it is a still a relative easy walk over to where all the restaurants and bars are, but allows for some escape from all the action for a good nights rest.

we stayed here to celebrate a wedding anniversary. the rooms we got was quite big (two double beds -the only room left when we booked- various rooms are different sizes and costs), and we were nicely surprised by the rose petals on the beds, plus the bottle of proseco that they gave us. as well, they were able to make reservations for us at some restaurants, and suggest some other spots. a continental breakfast is included,served on the large front porch which allows you to people watch as you enjoy breakfast. there is also a small pool on the premises (that we didn't get around to using). in the afternoon, there have cookies out plus a refreshing drink. all in all, it feels easy,comfortable, and laid back.

there is a limited amount of parking available. its close, but not adjacent to the b&b.

2  Thank howho
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Hotel has a great location just steps from Southernmost point. You can feel superb atmosphere of Key West there. Hotel was wonderfully decorated for Christmas time! Night illumination attracted a lot of tourist to make a photo.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ivab7
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We could only stay one night in Key West but by staying at the Avalon we had the nicest possible stay for such a short time and it was mainly due to the comfort and proximity of the B&B to the main attractions of Key West and to the friendliness of Yvonne and her suggestions of where to go.

We packed a lot in but at the same time had a great relaxing breakfast on the front porch and a coffee before we checked out. There was a very informal feel about the 'house' which was nice.

Car parking was easy, bike rental was just across the road and it was near enough to participate in the night life but far enough to have a quiet night's sleep in a canopied, comfy bed.
I loved Key West. It felt safe and despite the long drive, I would like to return.

Thank you, Yvonne for your hospitality and friendliness. We would recommend this B & B to anyone visiting Key West.

Room Tip: Our room was upstairs and round the back in a sort of annex. It was small but nice and very private...
2  Thank Willatphd
avalonbnb, Manager at Avalon Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words. Key West offers so many choices of things to do, and I am glad we could enhance your stay by making suggestions. I look forward to seeing you next time.
Yvonne

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A strange blend of homeliness and self service... Avalon is a great building, an old colonial style mansion, in a brilliant area of town, near the sea, in lovely surroundings and away from the noise of the main strip but with easy access if you want it. The rooms were very nice, the bed was comfy however, our room had no view. The staff were friendly and went to the effort to make our room special on our anniversary night with a complementary bottle of wine. Having said that, we did have to let ourselves in when we arrived after 9pm and the other guests weren't very friendly. I wouldn't recommend this place as it felt too impersonal but my husband would so perhaps it divides opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I am so sorry we were not there to welcome you, but we do close up well before 9pm, which is why we provide the late arrival instructions. I try to wait for as many of our guests to arrive as possible, but arriving at 7am most mornings, 9pm runs juts a little too late for me to stay (and my husband still remember who I am).

It's a fine line as innkeepers we straddle between providing attentive service and not overstepping and being too intrusive. I am sorry we missed the mark for you. I am happy however that you otherwise enjoyed your stay, the cleanliness of our rooms, and our excellent location.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was my first time staying at Avalon and my girlfriend and I loved it. Very nice staff, right on Duval Street, easy to walk everywhere - from the beach to the bars to the sightseeing spots, very easy to get around. The food was good, plentiful at the breakfast, coffee fresh and I know that we both said that we would stay here again.
Doug K.

3  Thank DougK212
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

This little hotel has everything to make us feel home: cozy rooms, delicious breakfast and a pleasant staff. And the guest can also enjoy little treats, like cookies and iced tea, coffee machine, hot or cold water to prepare drinks....for free. I bought a meal for my son and they let me use the kitchen to put it on a plate and use the microwave. I would definetely come back!!

Stayed: January 2014