“Sastastic!”
Review of Smallest Bar Inn

Smallest Bar Inn
Ranked #70 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 25, 2011

The Old Customs House is the best place to stay in Key West! Its in the perfect location, as you walk to your room, its like a pc of tropical heaven.. as ur greeted by ur "pet" cat and Pickles the bird its a Home away from Home! Room was perfect, clean, and somber! As you have the Smallest bar not only at ur service but its a hoot of a good time! The owner Josh makes everything so welcomin and you couldnt ask for better service... I recommend the old customs house to everyone. Its definetly the place we will stay everyx we arrive on duval! Its like family.. thx Old Customs House you deserve a 5 star and then some!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ocnparadise05

Reviewed March 4, 2011

If you want a good honest review, ask me. I am from Key West and took my cousin, neice( who turned 21) and her two friends. I have never stayed here. When you check in at 3 pm, the check in desk is the smallest bar in the world! Josh is great.. He wears many hats! The room was perfect!! Slept 6 and a kitchen too! Ask me any questions and I will tell you honest. The room had comfortable beds, clean sheets, nice towels and facecloths and the housekeeper was there daily. It was a suite and it worked out very well. Pretty wooden floors. It is the best location I know............

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank rickslilsister
Reviewed February 16, 2011

I too, like some other posters, after reading all the reviews, was a bit hesitant about staying at the Old Customs House Inn. After spending four days and three nights in this location I have to admit I was not only surprised but pleasantly pleased. Old Customs House Inn is literally steps from Hogsbreath, Sloppy Joe's, Captain Tony's and so many of popular locations. I can't tell you the countless times we were able to go back to the room to drop of purchases, relax, grab a beverage out of the fridge or whatever due to the convenience. Sure there were things that weren't perfect but they were so minor that I hardly noticed after the first impression. Sure the TV isn't the latest and greatest, but it provided more than ample for the few minutes it was watched (who hangs out in the room and watches TV in the Keys anyway), the water pressure in the shower stall or toilet wasn't the best (but where is it on the Island) and if you're a large person you might have difficulty with the shower stall. The room itself was large, the bed was comfortable (the trundle bed was a mattress on the floor - didn't use it, didn't need it) and clean, the small kitchenette area was useful (bring your own coffee). The resident cat made herself right at home in our room (beware to allergy people) and the parrot was entertaining. Overall for the price and location - no complaints, not even from the band at Hogsbreath until 2:00 a.m. It was free entertainment sitting on the upper deck with beverages and friends. Just remember you're in Key West and should be enjoying yourself outside of the room - the weather is here wish you were beautiful!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dahockeygrl
Reviewed February 8, 2011

Loved staying here....it was close to all of the action, we didn't have to waste time going back to a hotel far away to change or grab something we forgot. Best of all, you don't ever need a taxi so you save money there and the rooms are super affordable, large, and clean. Loved it! Will definitely be back.

-Brittany

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 2, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this Inn. It was tucked back behind the Smallest Bar. It made it convenient to walk to all of the bars and restaurant in the heart of Key West. The place was nice and clean. It had a coffee maker, a microwave, and a mini fridge! I loved the atmosphere, the bird and the kitty that came to visit us outside on the cute upper patio! I would definitely go back.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 27, 2010

After reading all the reviews I admit I was hesitant, but am so glad I went ahead and booked here. The rates were reasonable and the location perfect. The room was clean and recently redone. The bed was comfy enough. The "trundle" is a mattress on the floor...didn't need it. The room came with coffeepot, microwave, and adequate refrig. You CAN hear the noise from HogsBreath but it doesnt rattle the windows. We just turned on the window AC when we went to bed. There are only a few units, so you may have to hunt down who is cleaning your room when you check in. Everyone was pleasant and we enjoyed our stay. We had wifi access, not sure if it was provided by the Inn.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2010

We called to inquire on prices we were told $149. We called back to make resevation and was told if we stayed in the Suit Fri and Sat it would be $249 for both nights, When we got our confermation e mail it said $240 a night. I called to inquire about the price and everytime I tried to say something Josh would talk over me. I tried to cancel my reservation and I was told that I would still be charged for 1 night. This was all in about a 18 hour period. I called my CC company and disputed it and they are taking care of this. Josh was very rude thru this. To many other hotels to stay at to deal with this place. We did stay somewhere else and we were very happy.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends