We flew into Key West and arranged through the hotel travel from the airport. Check in was easy and bags were taken directly to our cottage. We took the hotel boat (5 minutes) to the island and were able to get to our room two hours earlier than the quoted 4 o'clock. The room was clean and well stocked. After unpacking we went directly to a store to buy milk, eggs, bread and cereal for the week. CVS is right on the corner of Front and Duval one block from the Westin and they carry everything to include alcohol. Each morning we received our breakfast basket which included pound cake, muffins, oranges, apples and bananas. That comes between 8 and 830. Room is cleaned anywhere from 10 to 3 each day. Beach is cleaned every morning around 630 or so. Boat runs from island to Key West at the top and bottom of the hour. Boat goes back to island at quarter past and of the hour. They have another boat available if you really have to be somewhere and they will make special trips. Lots to see and do in the town. Fishing is great, people are friendly and we didn't see or have any problems in or around town. Pool and two hot tubs on island are clean and well supplied with towels. There is also an outdoor bar at the pool where you can also order food from Lattitudes on the island. I paid after taxes 1250 per night but others we talked to paid 900 per night with a 100 food coupon so shop for deals. I thought I did and booked 5 months ago. Another couple booked 1 month ago and got a much better deal...go figure? I am not complaining though because that is where I wanted to stay and wasn't taking any chances that it not be available. From what I know the island is booked for the entire month of Feb, unless someone cancels. Staff is fantastic and very accommodating so don't be afraid to ask for anything.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Cottages is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West, featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Cancelon, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Key Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Westin Key West
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest