All reviewsbedroom cottagethe cottagesprivate islandbreakfast basketminute ferry ridethree bedroomevery morningtennis courtszero entryfull bathroomsconcierge staffevery half houralways on timeyour luggagebeach servicepartial ocean viewocean front
Reviewed December 13, 2012

As a SPG Lifetime Platinum member, I usually receive an upgraded room when I stay at a Starwoods property. This stay was especially appreciated since I treated family members who stayed as my gift at the Sunset Key West resort, associated with the Westin Key West.

I paid for their stay and the hotel delivered. No hassles. The general manager, Diane S., responded immediately to my request for these two deserving guests. Thank you, Diane, at the Westin Key West, for making this a perfect present for me. My family truly loved their stay-- the cottage, the room, food and the ambiance. I am grateful that they received the same great service that I always do.

Room Tip: Trust the reservations desk staff to help you choose the perfect room choice based on your price range and needs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Thinkalot
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for your review and for mentioning staff by name. We are thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience and hope to see you and your family again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

Very lovely cabins on a private island. Short ferry ride from Key West and very close to the action.
Great location if you want privacy and quite but a short ride to the hustle and bustle of Duval street.
Beach front location. Could use a BBQ for cooking meals. Beds and bedding were fantastic, kitchen could be better equipped. Definitely stay again for the right price. Winds could be higher here than on the east side of KeyWest.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michele C
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. We're so glad you had a nice time. Unfortunately, we are prohibited from providing grills/barbeques due to fire code restrictions. Please come back soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We usually go to Turks and Cacios for Thanksgiving....however, we decided to try something new. It was nice being in the US and not having to worry about passports for everyone....However, the flying time was no different than going to Turks....
We arrived into Key West and had a very short boat ride to Sunset Key.....Our villa was very nice...right on the ocean which mind you can be a bit breezy...We had a group of 12 so we had 2 villa's..They both had kitchens and beileve it or not I was disapointed because we didn't have a full cooking kitchen...We had a microwave and a cooktop and full fridge...however, no stove, limited cookware and serve ware...we couldn't really cook a full meal if we wanted to but could make Mac and Cheese for kids etc..... traveling with 5 kids this is pretty important to me...also is a washer and dryer and there were neither in our unit....most didn't have them...
We enjoyed the sunsets, spa, fitness facilities, pool and Latitudes.....all very good....I didn't enjoy having to take the boat over to Key West....we did on a limited basis however, I found Key West to be not very kid friendly.....tooo many bad t-shirt's, bar's and drunks.....However, if you plan on staying on Sunset Key with kids it is very nice!!! In the end it isn't Turks and Cacios and we had a new experience....all in all ...I can't give Key West a full thumbs up in the kids department.......

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Packergirl

Thank you for your review. We hope you come stay with us again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I recently stayed here for a week as a second honeymoon for my 25th. Anniversary and a present for my wife who just got done a year long battle with breast cancer. This was her dream trip. This island is amazing. The pool was great and everything satisfied. She is spoiled now. Although there were some minor details in the room cleaning process that needed fixing, they made everything right with one call. Great job!

Room Tip: Every Cottage has its advantages.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Got upgraded with wife and three kids from the hotel . The cottage we had overlooked the pool and had three bedrooms - sea mist it was called .
Beautiful linen and very tasteful rooms made it a superb cottage to stay in . The pool area was great as well as the beach area .

Would love to go back there again .

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your review. How lucky! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you stay with us again.