All reviews bedroom cottage the cottages private island breakfast basket minute ferry ride three bedroom every morning tennis courts zero entry full bathrooms concierge staff every half hour always on time your luggage beach service partial ocean view ocean front
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

Staff was wonderful. Loved my facial from Maggie, best ever! Also Roldolfo, Phillip and bar tender Paul all were so nice and took good care of me and my sister, Yvonne. Loved out breakfast treats. Latitudes was fun and great food. Living on this beautiful island for three days was a dream come true.

• Stayed: September 2012
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much!

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I was playing around reading different reviews and came across one that was full of blatant lies, this site is to be a useful/helpful tool, and this is the first time I have come across a review that was 100% wrong and full of lies.

Let me start with, we went sans dogs, late January 2011 and only stayed 5 nights. if you look at the photo on here already we had the corner suite at the direct corner left of the island. It was a three bedroom suite, full kitchen and two balcony or rather decks, ground floor. I have been to Key West a few times, in my youngster days about 21ish and a big fan of the grain mostly vodka with cranberry and orange juice, it has a name but Im too old to remember now...

I digress, we found ourselves feeling house bound during the winter and wanted a quick easy escape with a beach and a quiet clientele, Im a huge fan of SPG so I looked on line and found this 5 star luxury private island resort and thats exactly what we arrived to! We flew in via private jet and taxied to the ferry, well at first we went to the land based Westin and they graciously lead us to the ferry shuttle location. We waited maybe 7 min and up came this lovely shuttle boat with a extremely friendly captan with a bright smile. We still had no idea of what this quick vacation would entail. And from the moment we docked to the private island slip, we were greeted and whisked to our more than expected gorgeous, well appointed Key West Home!

The sheets, towels, tv's, bath amenities, coffee maker, coffee, furniture oh and the two desks were perfect, perfect, perfect!!!

The semi outdoor restaurant was our place of choice and the hot tub next to the pool, not the romantic hidden one but the out in the sun one, was our go to place most of the time. We met a couple that owns a home on the island and they were a hoot, he was very clam and she was outrages and fun. We bonded right away and had at least one dinner together and cocktails off the island at this cute piano bar on the main strip, wish I new the name...

The property had a small amount of construction happening but nothing that disturbed or stay, I like enhancements and upgrading. The weather was lousy, cold rain most of our stay, and of course our last day the sun broke and it was at least 75 so we got to hit the beautiful meticulously maintained beach right outside our door.

So, this review I read trashed this resort, staff and accommodations and what this reviewer wrote was false and untrue. If you are looking for luxury with a quiet environment that is easily accessible to the wild side in town, this is the perfect place for you! We partied one night like spring beakers gone wild but the boat ride late at night made us feel like the old timers we are and happy to be going back to reality and a yummy bed and a very pleasant slumber!

If you have read any of my reviews you know what I love most, luxury travel, and this place fits the bill 100%.

Travel smart/safe and enjoy. B

Room Tip: Depends on what you want to pay, smaller accommodations come less expensive and larger are, yes you guessed it, more costly.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HBAcres
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

What a great review - thank you! Sounds like you took advantage of all that Sunset Key and Key West have to offer. Please come back soon!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My girlfriend and our 4 daughters had planned to stay 2 nights in Key West at the Westin. Upon arrival we were offered an upgrade at no additional cost to one of their luxurious villas on their own private island just 5 minutes off Key West.
What a treat! 3 double BR & 3 baths villa right on the beach.
Top service, great food, private beach and the most amazing sunset!

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Christophe A
SMKennedy, Marketing Manager at Sunset Key Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Lucky ladies! Glad you had a nice time.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

this is a luxurious property that although you are in Key West you think you are at a 5 star resort with aprivate beach, pool and amazing service. A yacht transports you to and from Key West so you can have thge fun of the city and the peacefulness of a spectacular resort. Concierge, Rudolfo Castillo, is one of the best staff members I have encountered in all of my travels. He made every wish a reality!!!!

Lattitudes Restaurant has amazing sunset views and wonderful food.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank renee66

Thank you for your review and for mentioning staff by name. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

it was wonderful from the minute we arrived. we were met by the concierge on the private pier and escorted to our beachfront cottage. the cottage was well appointed and very comfortable- 3 full baths were perfect. The concierge made excellent recommendations- totally enjoyed the jet ski tour of the island- we were even picked up at the pier! The breakfast basket of fruit/muffins/breads/juice and the newspaper were a welcome addition to the morning. The pool and beach were great- plenty of towels, chairs and palm huts. we enjoyed the gym each morning- we had it all to ourselves! We had dinner at latitudes - excellent food and service not to mention the spectacular view. The staff of the entire island was wonderful - they above and beyond. There were even fishing poles so my 9 year old son was able to fish from the pier. 15 year old daughter loved the beach. overall, excellent family vacation for all of us. will definitely return.

Room Tip: stayed beachfront and it was wonderful but any cottage would be fine. wonderful relaxing atmosphere.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kathy i

Thank you - please come back soon!