The cottages are extremely nice (2 bedrooms, 3 baths, nice decor, etc.), the shuttle from the Westin Harbor is no problem (they give you a guest card at the Westin you need to show due to Sunset Key being a private island), the food is fantastic, but this resort is all about the money rather than genuine customer service. It seems at these prices everyone would be treated well but the customer service seems very forced and if you don't stay for a full week nobody seems to care about you or listen to you. Even before our stay, I tried to call the resort to use their concierge services but twice got no answer and the phone transferred to the Westin Key West where they were nice but I was told I should contact the concierge at Sunset Key - I wish I could have! Immediately after checking in, the people for turndown service came into the room and were asked to come back 45 minutes later after we had a chance to get settled and had gone to our scheduled dinner. Instead, they showed up about 20 minutes later and let themselves in while we were showering and getting ready for dinner. On the morning of checkout, it was overcast, rainy, and an overall useless day which worked out okay since we got stuck doing work from the cottage that morning. However, when we asked whether late checkout might be available we were told an emphatic No - unless we paid an extra $75 per hour in which case we were welcome to stay without a problem. After being a Starwood Platinum member for the past 4 years (which really doesn't mean anything at this resort despite the Westin name) and paying a $100 resort fee for pool/beach services we never used due to the constant clouds/rain you would think they could at least be more tactful about the late checkout discussion at a resort of this caliber. Either tell me it is absolutely not available or help me out by giving me at least a 1:00 checkout - their response confirmed my overall impression that they cared about my money but not at all about me which is not exactly a pillar of excellent customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sunset Key Cottages is a secluded tropical island sanctuary located just 500 yards off the coast of Key West, featuring private cottages. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunset Key Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Key Guest Cottages, a Westin Hotel Key West
- Westin Key West
- Key West Westin
- Sunset Key Cottages Guest