“Always a treat!”
Review of Jasmine House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jasmine House
Ranked #59 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My huband and I stayed in the Garden Suite from March 17-27, and our son stayed in the Wicker Room until March 21.
We have stayed at the Jasmine House for many years - in fact, the first time about 10 years ago, we rented the entire downstairs.
As usual, everything was wonderful - clean, very comfortable beds with great linens, and towels. The kitchen is outfitted very well, although we only needed it for breakfasts - didn't do any cooking at night.

The first night we were there, something was wrong with the A/C window unit in the Wicker Room, it was making a lot of noise and not cooling properly.
I told Dave about it the next morning - he checked it out, and before I knew it, he had driven over to Ace Hardware and purchased another unit - which worked perfectly.

The only thing I would suggest trying to do something about is the A/C. It works perfectly in the bedroom - a good vent, but the vent in the livingroom does not allow much cool air to come through. But, honestly, that is the only thing that could be improved upon, because everything else is great!!

We are going back in mid-May to see some friends, and for my husband to fish, and we are really happy to be returning so soon.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

....and it's always a treat to have you at the Jasmine House. It's been a really fun journey. Thank you so much for writing the review!

I know Dave will be delighted!

Carolyn

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed in the Hibiscus Porchside Bedroom in Jasmine House from March 1-5, 2013. We arrived to find a parking space open right in front of the house and that was just the start of a wonderful four days in Key West and at the Jasmine House. When we arrived there was a greeting on the front door directing us to the room and with the innkeeper, Dave's phone number. It is a beautiful house and the room was the same. The Hibiscus Bedroom is not large but it does contain a queen size bed, nightstands, a small dresser, a small refrigerator, and a large vanity. The attached bathroom is pretty small with sink, stool, and shower. The room was stocked with towels, tissues, paper towels, and toilet paper as well as bar soup and coffee and filters. There was a large cabinet in the hallway outside the bedroom which contained additional towels and supplies. No housekeeping services are provided. This was not a problem for us as we just got up....made coffee...made up our bed...and away we went for another fun-filled day in Key West!! As we are northerners, we found that the room got a bit warm at night but we just utilized the room air conditioner and ceiling fan. That worked just fine for us. The bed was very comfortable. We found in the time we stayed at Jasmine House (which included a Friday and Saturday night) that the house was very quiet as well as the street in front. Even though Duval Street is only 1/2 block away, we weren't bothered by any noises. We probably would not have even known there were others in the house except for the tiny squeak from the front screened door as people entered and left. (That sound reminded me of my childhood!!)

Key West is such a wonderful town and we had so much fun. If we ever have an opportunity to return to Key West, I would certainly try to stay at Jasmine House....it was perfect for us.

Thanks to Dave....he was very pleasant and helpful!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We're so pleased you enjoyed our little part of Key West.

We'll look forward to your return!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Well, we just got back to New Hampshire after our second trip to the keys! We stayed at Jasmine House both trips and will on our next trip too! Located half a block away from Duval Street is a blessing at night after a long day of sight seeing. But still just a half a block away from all the night life. Dave is a great host, he knows the island well and suggests the perfect places to go. The rooms are perfect for romantic getaways. Have a seat on the porch in the afternoon and check out Dave's flowers and plantings. Every night spent there is relaxing, charming and just plain cozy!
See you soon Dave, we will be back!

Bob and Sue Russell.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob R
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

We're so happy and lucky to have you as return guests who enjoy your stay with us so much.

Thank you for taking the time to write.

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the garden suite for our honeymoon and had one o the best times of our lives. The jasmine house has everything. Close to Duvall but quite. The house was so nice and clean. The hot tub and back garden porch was amazing to Han out in. Dave the inn keeper was so much fun to meet. We really really enjoyed our stay and would recommend staying at the jasmine house for an awesome getaway and key west experience. 5 stars!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

We love you back! Please return for your anniversaries, all of them.

Thank you so much for the enthusiastic reveiw.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed at the Jasmine tree top suite during the early part of December for 1 week.
We arrived and followed the instructions layed out for us, grabbed the key and entered into a cozy little suite amongst the trees...kinda of,lol.
We loved the suite, it was just the right size for a couples retreat from their children,hahaha. It has a queen bed,with two closets and the main bath off of the bedroom. It's a full bath.
The kitchen and livingroom are open and small, but that's what makes it so cozy. The a/c is a through the wall unit located in the bedroom and with the two ceiling fans located in the suite it keeps the place very nice and cool if needed.
When you decide to leave your pad for an evening of adventure, your just down your steps and hang a right and a quick left and two minutes later your on Duval st. Even though your close to everything, the location of your suite is very quiet even with the other suites below yours....quiet.
I myself have been to key West about 5 times and will be back again,just because of the variety of stuff there is to do...from party life to history life. The other good thing is that I'm glad too see less of those t shirt tourist trap shop and now there's more gallieries....awesome!! Key West has something for everyone. We had scooters the whole time we were their and had a blast!
There is only one downside, and has nothing to do with the Jasmine House, for being in such a distant area where Key West is located, we were quite disappointed with the lack of recycling over all. It's a shame that it's so bad that way, but the upside is it can change. I was excited that I was able to find a great idea though.... seeing a bumper sticker ( one Human ) awesome.
All that being said if you want a nice little suite with easy walking distance to anywhere fast and priced right for what you get, then book your stay at their tree top.
Cheers!

Room Tip: The Tree Top suite is the only suite on top, the rest of the suites are located on the main. The bo...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for the amazing comprehensive review and excellent photos. As you have pointed outl, the Treetop Suite is in a world of its own but still so close to everything.

Hope you come back!

Carolyn, Dave, and Lisa

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed four nights in early December. The room was small but perfectly formed and had a quirky style which we liked. Our room was one of the smaller ones downstairs. The facilities were basic - in a good way. There were coffee and tea making facilities and a store cupboard where we could replenish supplies. We did not use the AC much - it was too noisy at night but we are from the UK and not used to it anyway. We could use the seating in the porch area and since there were no visitors in the room next to ours, we had it to ourselves. It was a lovely place to sit and read or watch the world go by.
The location was fantastic - in a small quiet side street but close to Duval St with its shops, bars and restaurants.
We did not get to meet elusive Dave but our email contact with Lisa was very easy. Nice relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write this sweet review!

Cheers,

Carolyn and Lisa
Jasmine House

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived late on Nov. 1 (9:30 pm) and found a note greeting us and informing us were to find the key and to call David (property manager) when we arrived. My wife an I went upstairs to unpack. The suite was a little stuffy so I turned on the A/C and it started making a loud clattering sound. When I called David ( he was in St. Louis at the time) I let him know that everything was clean and neat and the only problem was the A/C.(Having lived in an older home that relies on Window unit A/C, I have found myself replacing and repairing units, and know when a fan motor or compressor is going out.) I tried to explain this to David and he informed me that they had extra units on property and would have his staff replace the one in our suit the next morning.
To make a long story short it took 3 days of our vacation to get the A/C fixed. David kept trying to tell me that the unit was only a year old and that his staff told him it was the cover that was rattling. Also by this time the unit was only kicking out hot air. David said that the coils must be frozen up. I removed the cover and explained to him that they were not frozen up and it had to be the compressor going out. Again he said that the unit was only a year old and it had to be frozen up and the noise had to be the cover, at this point I got mad and raised my voice and told him to stop treating me stupid. At this point he informed me he would have someone replace the unit the next day. I insisted on another room to stay in. He said we could stay in one of the downstair bedroom for the night. We packed up and went downstairs and meet his wife who discovered that they had no rooms open, WE carried our bags back upstaire and with a couple of phone calls with David he said he would have someone over within an hour to replace the unit. This time someone did show up with a new unit.(wasn't on property they had to go buy it.) When the unit was removed I asked the staff to notice that there was no frozen coils and asked that they touch the compressor...it was so hot you could not touch it. This unit that was removed was an older style unit and very rusted, it was much older that a year old.
I hated the fact that I had to get mad to get something so simple fixed. No mention of any re-embursiment for uncomfortable nights without A/C.
Key West is wonderful and after the A/C was fixed we enjoyed our stay at the Jasmine House. It is just a shame that this experience with the property management co. occured. Would I stay at the Jasmine House again. NO.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mike s
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

We regret and apologize that the A/C problem was not solved as quickly as usual due to the Manager being out of town.

Glad your visit, otherwise, was enjoyable.