“Cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jasmine House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Ranked #53 of 77 Key West B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Cheap and cheerful”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed four nights in early December. The room was small but perfectly formed and had a quirky style which we liked. Our room was one of the smaller ones downstairs. The facilities were basic - in a good way. There were coffee and tea making facilities and a store cupboard where we could replenish supplies. We did not use the AC much - it was too noisy at night but we are from the UK and not used to it anyway. We could use the seating in the porch area and since there were no visitors in the room next to ours, we had it to ourselves. It was a lovely place to sit and read or watch the world go by.
The location was fantastic - in a small quiet side street but close to Duval St with its shops, bars and restaurants.
We did not get to meet elusive Dave but our email contact with Lisa was very easy. Nice relaxing atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and took the time to write this sweet review!

Cheers,

Carolyn and Lisa

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Okmulgee, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We arrived late on Nov. 1 (9:30 pm) and found a note greeting us and informing us were to find the key and to call David (property manager) when we arrived. My wife an I went upstairs to unpack. The suite was a little stuffy so I turned on the A/C and it started making a loud clattering sound. When I called David ( he was in St. Louis at the time) I let him know that everything was clean and neat and the only problem was the A/C.(Having lived in an older home that relies on Window unit A/C, I have found myself replacing and repairing units, and know when a fan motor or compressor is going out.) I tried to explain this to David and he informed me that they had extra units on property and would have his staff replace the one in our suit the next morning.
To make a long story short it took 3 days of our vacation to get the A/C fixed. David kept trying to tell me that the unit was only a year old and that his staff told him it was the cover that was rattling. Also by this time the unit was only kicking out hot air. David said that the coils must be frozen up. I removed the cover and explained to him that they were not frozen up and it had to be the compressor going out. Again he said that the unit was only a year old and it had to be frozen up and the noise had to be the cover, at this point I got mad and raised my voice and told him to stop treating me stupid. At this point he informed me he would have someone replace the unit the next day. I insisted on another room to stay in. He said we could stay in one of the downstair bedroom for the night. We packed up and went downstairs and meet his wife who discovered that they had no rooms open, WE carried our bags back upstaire and with a couple of phone calls with David he said he would have someone over within an hour to replace the unit. This time someone did show up with a new unit.(wasn't on property they had to go buy it.) When the unit was removed I asked the staff to notice that there was no frozen coils and asked that they touch the compressor...it was so hot you could not touch it. This unit that was removed was an older style unit and very rusted, it was much older that a year old.
I hated the fact that I had to get mad to get something so simple fixed. No mention of any re-embursiment for uncomfortable nights without A/C.
Key West is wonderful and after the A/C was fixed we enjoyed our stay at the Jasmine House. It is just a shame that this experience with the property management co. occured. Would I stay at the Jasmine House again. NO.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mike s
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
We regret and apologize that the A/C problem was not solved as quickly as usual due to the Manager being out of town.

Glad your visit, otherwise, was enjoyable.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I loved my stay at the Jasmine House. We stayed in the Treetop Suite for a week, which is located upstairs in the back and has its own private entrance. It was the perfect size for my boyfriend. I would recommend this for anyone who is looking for a quiet, romantic getaway for a really great price. The suite was beautiful,the pics I took don't do it justice.The room comes equip with everything you need to make a home away from home. The kitchen is fully stocked and towels and toiletries are abundant. There were even beach chairs and umbrella in the room for our use. The bed was super comfy and the couch in the living area was just big enough for two. You also have access to your own private porch area, which is perfect for sitting back and relaxing. The house is just a short walk from Duval, so you are close to all the action. We barley used our car when we were here. Even though the house is so close to Duval, I was amazed at how peaceful and quiet it was on our street. There is no maid service, which I didn't mind, so you have to get your own fresh towel and toiletry refills. There was plenty of both located in the main closet in the house, which also seemed equally as beautiful and quiet as our private area. I would stay here again with out a doubt. I loved, loved everything about our stay at the Jasmine House.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LaMonicaB
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
We love your descriptive and kind review as much as you love the Jasmine House.

Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

We stayed in the garden suite in the rear of the house for a whole week. It was gorgeous. Lovely sitting area outside with a hammock and a hot tub. Bed was comfortable. Location was great. Dave the in-keeper was a great host. Helpful with any problem and quick to recommend anything from things to see to places to eat. Had a great time. Whenever we come back we will for sure reserve the same place!!!

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank bohlander21
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
We are so pleased that the Jasmine House Honeymoon Suite exceeded your expectations.

Thanks for letting us (and the world) know!

Looking forward to seeing you on your anniversary.

Fort Myers, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Just spent four fantastic days at the Jasmine House. (Didn't want to leave) Perfect location, one block from Duval St. Surrey welcomed us and gave us some tips on what to do and some nice places to eat. (It was our daughters 27th birthday) We had the Garden Suite and the Wicker Room. Absolutely beautiful, clean, and the bed was super comfortable. We loved everything about the Jasmine House and cannot wait to visit again. Thank you for making our family feel so welcome!!! The Spicers

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherry S
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
It's such a pleasure to have guests like you who know how to enjoy themselves and make themselves at home.

Thank you for the great review; we'll look forward to your return!

Carolyn
Port O'Connor, TX
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I don't know how many times ( a lot ) we've stayed at the treetop Suite at Jasmine House but I can tell you it is a major factor that draws us back to Key West. The folks there, Dave, Linda and Carolyn do a great job making you feel welcome. The location is terrific. Staying there kinda makes you feel like a local.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CaptnBob
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, September 2, 2012
This might be the best title ever: "We go to Key West because that's where Jasmine House is" . Love, love, love it!

So glad the Treetop Suite and Jasmine House give you that "feel like a local" state of mind; that is our goal!

Thanks so much and as always, look forward to your return!

Carolyn, Dave, Linda
Caro, Michigan
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in the Honeymoon Suite during the week of the 4th of July. It was quiet and relaxing, yet we were so close to everything. Staying in an Old Town, Key West house is very charming. We loved the cottage feeling and privacy. The back deck is delightful and tropical. Nothing is better than relaxing in the hot tub on a hot day. Dave keeps the house very nice and takes care of everything! I can't wait to stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meleighavery
rosietoo, Director of Sales at Jasmine House, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Dave and I are always saying what great guests we have and you are ceraintly in that category.

The Honeymooon back deck with private spa couldn't be anymore relaxing!

Thanks for taking the time to write this lovely review. We'll look forward to your return!

Warm regards,