All reviewsbamboo roomaudubon roomtreetop suiteevening wineafternoon lemonadekey limecomplimentary winethought of everythingplunge poolquicheother gueststhe main housebeach towelseach morningtropical oasisqueen roombreakfast was delicious
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was our second trip to Key West and our second time at The Mermaid and the Alligator. I love this B&B so much! When you are in the backyard area you really do feel like you are in paradise. It is super secluded, surrounded by trees, birds, fountains, etc. I think part of the reason I love it so much is the breakfast outside in the garden. Everyone that works there is great and very accommodating. We've stayed in the Caribbean Queen room both times because we love the balcony.

2  Thank Rosso27
Reviewed March 31, 2013

What a wonderful little spot to enjoy Key West from. It was our first visit and everything was fantastic. Geri was the best. I called ahead and she helped me arrange for a dozen roses to be in the room when we arrived. It was a super arrangement. My girlfriend was blown away. She made dinner reservations for us and offered great insight into which restaurants to choose. She even asked if they had a corkage fee which was great. We brought several bottles with us and only one restaurant wouldn't let us bring wine in.

Dean and Paul are very nice. They have a beautiful property that is vey well maintained. We were in the Bamboo Cottage and loved the privacy it afforded us. We slept late, had coffee on our porch, they had breakfast every morning and wine in the evenings. The location is convenient to Duval Street and most of the restaurants. We particularly enjoyed Blue Heaven for lunch (Roosters and Chickens wander around the place) and La Creperie across the street (order the red velvet crepe, awesome!).

We would definitely book the Mermaid and Alligator again. You won't go wrong here, that's for sure. Thanks everyone for making our visit so wonderful.

Room Tip: We had the Bamboo Cottage which is set apart from the main house. A lovely little porch and private.
4  Thank bob98005
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here in June last year and I just want to say that we never wanted to leave.. The location was perfect for us as it was only a couple blocks from the action but far enough away that it was quiet. It was in fact - quiet, romantic, peaceful, relaxing and almost therapeutic! This place was spectacular in the way they take you and allow you to decompress and the owners and staff really take care of your needs. The garden room was perfect for us because we would sit in the garden and the door to our room off of the patio was right there.. The shower in the garden room was fantastic. Breakfast was great, and the snacks over the remainder of the day were a god-send. I never want to stay anywhere else in Key West!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mercedes D
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Just got back from five absolutely wonderful days/nights at this amazing B&B and already now I can´t wait for our next visit! It´s simply SO wonderful, lovely, beautiful and with a very special charming atmosphere. A place that deserves an extra star here on Tripadvisor, full of charming and different details both inside the house and in the wonderful garden. We got the Audobon room which we immediately loved with it´s light, colours, beautiful furniture and the HUGE bathroom. And the bed and the bedlinen was of course of top quality. I love details and this was a room full of it. Paintings, lamps, curtains and lots of nice smelling schampoo, soap etc. Saw some of the other rooms too and they seemed to be just as charming with their own special personality. The garden/jungle;-) is simply wonderful that too and a lovely place to relax and enjoy the sounds of birds or the cikades. A little Paradise full of flowers, plants, pots and birds of all kinds. There is also a small pool which was perfect for an afternoon dip. The breakfast which was being served in these lovely surroundings was simply delicious. The best coffee you can imagine and every day fresh muffins and a hot dish like quiche, French toast, waffles and so on. Really mouthwatering. ;-) There was also fresh brewed coffee for the early birds, complimentary sodas, afternoon lemonade and wine, what a treat! Very impressing.
But it´s not only the beauty of this place that makes you remember it, it´s also the wonderful hosts and personnel working there that made our visit to such an unforgettable stay. We felt truly welcome, from the first reply to my availability request to their final mail after we had left. Everyone was SO nice and sweet and helpful at all times. Their advice regarding restaurants, tours etc was very useful and especially with Rebecka´s help we managed to get some delicious dinners and a great sunset tour. And for animal lovers there is also Caya and Havana, the two lovely dogs always willing to play and tease you and without them the B&B would not be the same. Simply adorable dogs!
For travellers that wants something special, this is a "must"! Really really highly recommendable, just loved it and will definitely be back. :-)

Room Tip: Lovely lovely rooms all of them.
3  Thank LACopenhagen
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

This was our second time at the Mermaid
and the Alligator . This time we stayed in the bamboo room. The bamboo room is a free standing bungalow with a charming front porch for your exclusive use. I can tell you we made full use of the porch.At the end of the day with a glass of wine we would enjoy the lush gardens and the sounds of the birds.it was so inviting we would invite the lovely people we met to join us on "our porch". We were so comfortable with this room we re-booked before we left.
The quality remains constant. The breakfasts excellent ,high standards maintained, dogs well trained and lovable.I miss my dogs when I travel and I think Caya and Havana sense this.
I highly recommend this B+B.

• Stayed: March 2013